I have an alarm or beeping coming from the top of my rear seat. What is it ?

Asked by Oct 05, 2016 at 01:41 PM about the 1984 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL Sedan

How do I stop it

10

please provide more info, any lights? any aftermarket systems? back-up sensors? video?

No lights just a beeping coming from rear deck behind back seat. I can't here it from truck just in car. I just got the car and the back of the car dropped to the ground. Had a new sls adjustment rod replaced ( it broke off). Now the beeping and the mechanic doesn't have time to look at it. Nice huh ?

Trunk

10

are your interior lights on? (dome lights, courtesy lights) beep noise happen only while driving? idle? acceleration? all climate and accessory controls working? also, is the sis rod adjustment correct?

10

I've heard of a similar problem where the noise appeared to be coming from behind the glove box, from a hose on a vacuum pump.

10

this is a 1984 500sel?

Yes, 84 500sel

OH well I guess nobody knows. Thanks anyway