Can anyone help diagnose my problem with my 84 928S cutting off and not wanting to start.

Asked by Jan 18, 2015 at 09:53 PM about the 1984 Porsche 928 S Hatchback

I would drive my 928 and when I stopped and tried to restart the car it would turn over
but not start. After waiting 5-10 minutes, it would crank. Then it got to where it would
cut off on me while driving and would not start back up. This time it took about 15-20
minutes before it would crank. It has a new air flow meter, new plugs and wires, fuel
relay, fuel filter and the injectors cleaned, I think it's the fuel pump. Can a fuel pump
work and then have moments of non working? Any help would be appreciated.

pump pressure could be checked at Schrader check point on fuel rail, Id be more looking at the coil, ignition area for loss of spark, like a hot coil breaking down when hot , test with a heat gun maybe, if fuel pump then a shot of fuel down the intake will fire it up for test, gas, propane, ether!?

Clean your ground connections first before moving on. The car is not showroom new and with the battery mounted in the rear, the cables need all the help they can get. Good luck!