help help help!!!!!!

170

Asked by Aug 19, 2013 at 08:37 PM about the 2003 Ford Escape XLT 4WD

im having almost the same thing with my 2003 for escape. I had the transmission rebuilt one year ago I am a month over my warranty after taking it to the shop it is worse I think they replaced a cylinoide. I do have tranny fluid but it smells burned. I also took it to a different shop where they checked codes po731 =incorrect ratio and p0741 tourque converter clutch system stuck off.... what do I do?!? I love my car and cant afford a new one is my transmission bad??, did they not do a good job rebuilding? thanks ...ash

227,845

Sounds like you'll need some transmission work based on your info, but hopefully not. Talk to the trans shop and let them diagnose the issue and complain. You might not get it fixed for free, but work a deal and maybe you can get the work done for half price. If you get no help, tell them your taking your business elsewhere. Apparently they aren't that good.

you gotta go back there armed with consumer advocate Michael FInney (5 on your side) to expose the failure to stand by their work~ write CBS 5 michael finney and he will tell them what for~

25,195

Umm...Judge. Did it occur to you that she might not live in Cali? But you're on the right track...She could try contacting the news station "consumer advocate" reporter in her area...OR better yet, consult a lawyer and see what case you may have. Initial consultations with them are almost always free and it might be worth a shot. Best of luck to you!

got a point do not know if the tendrils of Michael Finney extend across the great divide...in MIlwaukee there was a reporter too who'd call them out for their unscrupulous business ethics~ more importantly why?...why did it fail? often distrustful of rebuilders as Kenny BlueOval stated earlier today, the parts are STILL worn with the rebuild~

170

I do live in socal, i had another shop check the codes and they said my first gear is gone? no credit and pressed for time the only thing i have is to trade it in. thanks for all the answers!

their work...sorry~

you may just go to the shop owner and say that you'll give him a stunning write-up if they would stand by their work....bring him a fruit basket...something healthy~

"first gear is gone?" did you pull the transmission stick with the motor running to see if the level was between the two hash marks? Low fluid level would make "first gear" disappear....check for yourself before you throw your hands to the lions~

your local CBS station has a consumer advocate that you could tell this experience about~...like we were saying...if you tell us the city, we can tell you who that might be~

170

well I just went to aamco and they looked at and test drove the car, they told me I need a rebuild that will cost 2500. they also said I should get my money back from this shop. this all happened in long beach, ca