more tranny troubles

arkansasoutlaw
10

Asked by Jan 10, 2013 at 02:17 AM about the 1988 Ford Bronco XLT 4WD

okay im bout to rip it all down and start a new i was driving my 88 ford bronco today and it would hit 55mph and the my rpms would shoot to 5 grand or more and id have to let it down shift i eventually had to put in 1st gear to make it to the a store i checked the tranny fluid and it was low so i got some tranny fluid put it her later that day i lost all forward gears and drove the damn thing in reverse and while i was driving it it sounded like my TQ was not acting right any suggestions im all ears help would be appreciated

200,695

I saw your other post about having the original owner install a trans and you didn't know which one it was. If your transmission was low on fluid and if it was an AOD vs a C6 and wasn't connected properly with a throttle cable you basically fried the trans. You have to know what your doing when setting up transmissions as to not to let them overheat. No forward gears and noises means failure. Your best bet at this point is to see a mechanic who can work on your car to diagnose and repair your vehicle properly instead of guessing.

arkansasoutlaw
10

thanks for your input but i didn't have the original owner install a new one he told me he had it rebuilt but it was done wrong because the overdrive didn't work so i thought they either just slapped a c6 in it or screwed up the aod turns out they screwed up the aod i am a mechanic just not one who is very experienced with transsmissons but it is a AOD it was rebuilt wrong thank you and have a nice day