I have an 87 ford bronco it turns on then idol for a few seconds then shuts off I put gas in it and it stayed on for a few minutes was able to drive it from back to the drive way then it shut off agin

Asked by Apr 28, 2015 at 09:47 PM about the 1987 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 4WD

Thinking it might be fuel filters it was sitting for a
few months

On my 86 It was the fuel pump inside the tank but after I fixed that it started to buck and shake after 30 mph but wouldn't shut off. Found out that these trucks if you think about it have three fuel filters. A strainer filter on the bottom of the pump in the tank, one in between the gas tank and in line fuel pump then another fuel filter right before the motor. I would start with the fuel filters. The fuel canister is what it's called in between the fuel tank and in line pump. Just follow the gas lines from the tank till you run into what looks like black circular filter with two fuel lines going in then two going out. If it was my truck I would replace all fuel filters that way nothing gets pushed into the new fuel filters costing you more money.