Where is the brake light switch located on my '95 dodge spirit?

40

Asked by Mar 14, 2013 at 08:01 PM about the 1995 Dodge Spirit 4 Dr STD Sedan

1995 Dodge Spirit - When I shut off my car the brake lights stay on, as if they are being used.  I took out the fuse
and they go off and the tail lights work when the lights are on and the fuse out, but with the fuse in they just stay on.  
My guess its the switch, but I don't know where the switch is located

100,635

Look on the back of your brake pedal. When you step on the brake, the arm moves down and the contacts on the switch close. The switches are adjustable. Take a flash light with you.

follow the brake pedal stem all the way up to under the dash, is where you'll find little switch and wire. I believe these are adjustable, so you could back it ff a scoach if it's stayin' on all the time or the other direction to make it happen later...might be a twist barrel, might be a movable plate...

21,305

pedal retract spring may be weak ,or gone completely

40

I fixed it before i got a chance to see any of your answers, the sensor was off the mount, but thank you all for your replies.