1991 dodge spirit running light problem

25

Asked by Jan 03, 2008 at 05:28 PM about the 1991 Dodge Spirit

1991 dodge spirit 4 cyl. not turbo
headlights (possible running lights)stay on all the time. disconect battery is only way to turn off. Can not locate relay to disconnect to see if its problem.
cannt find short in system anywhere
any ideas will be appreciated.

415

you might want to test the switch for the head lights,test the current running through it on then off.also have you done any aftermarket stereo?if you have check that the 12v constant is not hooked to illumination it could be an issue.

42,595

Yes, I would suspect headlight switch first. Contacts in headlight switch may be burnt causing headlights to remain on all the time. The 1991 Spirit did not have daytime running lights.

20

have a 1992 dodge spirit and have replaced headlight switch and pulled fuses for headlights but headlights are still staying on even with engine off...any other ideas or thoughts