Parking brake light is on filled the tank still on

Asked by Oct 23, 2015 at 06:30 PM about the 1991 Nissan Truck STD Extended Cab SB

264,095

Which tank? The brake fluid reservoir? Might be the level sensor in the brake fluid reservoir is faulty or the parking brake switch itself.

70,215

Agree with Tom,all so may be time for a brake job.

On my Nissan truck, there is something attached to the brake pedal with wires & a fuse or breaker looking thing connecting the wires (this part 'plugs' together- there are squeezy things on it side to release it & yes, I'm a girl, lol). When my brake lights get stuck on or won't come on, I follow the brake pedal with my hand up to the fuse or breaker looking thing, disconnect it, & play with the plunger thing to loosen it up (it seems to build up debris over time). If this doesn't work, I disconnect it again & turn the part connected to the brake pedal itself & reconnect. This last step always works but sometimes you do have to play around a little with how many turns you make - mine usually only takes one full turn- & which direction you are turning it (one ways loosens the other way tightens). Yes, I'm sure I should replace mine but on my budget, 5 15 minutes of periodic labor will have to do.