87 Honda Prelude - Worth a fix?

Asked by Sep 22, 2013 at 03:23 PM about the 1987 Honda Prelude 2 Dr STD Coupe

Car suddenly sputtered out one day after no previous problems.  Revs but wont turn
over.  Dad replaced distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, air filter, no problem with fuel
flow.  After replacing these items, fuel started leaking out of the bottom.  It's to the
point where we don't know what else to do besides take it to a shop - but don't know if
there is a shop that will be able to diagnose and fix without charging a fortune.

I'd like an opinion before I start searching for a place to take it, please.

So it died with no warning? And now it will turn over but not start? If so I would check the timing belt. With the age of this one it's probably due for a change.

To answer your question. Yes I feel it is worth fixing. They are neat looking little cars. If it is just the timing belt broke or jumped time they only cost about $70.