dodge Intrepid 02

Asked by May 14, 2016 at 04:47 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE

So as Ipulling in to the house today my oil light
came and then my car shut off. What does that
mean. It did not over heat. Please help

75

check your dipstick do u have any oil on the stick

We put oil in it and tried to drive it and it drive fine the shut down again

75

any check engine lights and I guess you didn't quite answer the ? after the shutdown was there oil on the dip stick this is the ? I need to have answered. bc if you ran it dry on oil you could have some wear on the crank and cams if u were the crank the crankshaft position sensor is a magnet and if u have enough metal shavings on the sensor it may shut down due to computer not able to interpret the signal bc it is out of range. due to metal buildup on magnet this buildup stops once the car is shut off and the electro magnet is disengaged u start it up again the metal shavings settle and once you start it up again it floats around the pan again. I need to know the status of the oil at the pan. dipstick info please provide putting oil in a no oil vehicle is just a Band-Aid

There was a little on the stick . but its knocking now. And you can drive it but it shuts off . help please

We put oil in it .