'89 Nissan Pathfinder SE V-6 overheating

80

Asked by Jun 06, 2015 at 11:53 PM about the 1989 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD

My Pathfinder is overheating, it started a couple of weeks ago and it appeared that water wasn't circulating as the upper hose never got hot and the heater ducts were blowing cool air.  I replaced the thermostat (a real bitch to do) but I tested it first in a pot of hot water, and it never opened...the replacement worked fine and it put everything back together and it seemed like it was fixed.  The temp was reading in the middle of the gauge and the heater was working and the upper hose got hot.  BUT!  This morning the wife drove it to work and said it was hot again.  It was definitely hot...but the thermostat is still working 'cause the heater was blowing hot air and the upper hose was HOT!  I read where you're supposed to bleed air out of the system, but I have no idea where the air bleeder valve is, so if anyone can help with that I'd appreciate it, but I don't think that is my problem.  I really don't know what is my problem, unless the radiator, or the pump, is the culprit.  There isn't any water in the oil....I am at a loss,  HELP

80

not helpful at all why bother wasting both our time with a joke...go on twitter or something I thought this was a serious forum

455

on most cooling systems there is a purge air bleeder and they are usually located on the outlet side of the cooling system,there's a old school secret way to cure it ,but you have to take the thermostat back off,you get i small drill 3/16th and drill a small hole through the plate this will bleed all the air out of it