How to reset computer for engine light?

Asked by Oct 29, 2013 at 07:27 PM about the 2007 Suzuki XL-7 Luxury w/ DVD

engine light came on, and i had it checked out and they told me it was the gas cap or the plastic jug , or i bought a gas cap, and now the engine light is still on..How do i reset my computer for it, i was told that it resets itself.

298,825

If the fault is the gas cap, around 3 cycles, or driving somewhere and turning the car on and off a few times a day or over a couple days it should go out. If it's still on after a few days, scan again.

205

Take the negative and positive off the battery and hold them together for 10 seconds, then put them back on the battery and there you go computer is reset

80,235

A faulty or loose gas cap will set an EVAP System code. To reset keep your gas tank between 3/4 and 1/4. No more and no less. The computer will only run the diagnosis of the EVAP System while the gas tank is within this range. After a few days of driving normally the light should go out. If not, then have it scanned again. HTH. -Jim

90

I had this problem when I purchase my XL7. There is a sensor near or at the top of the neck of the fuel pipe. All you have to do is turn the cap several times, my wife turns it 7 clicks or more, and the lite will not come on.

90

Thank you Mark Helpful; for the tip on how to reset my computer . " Take the negative and positive off the battery and hold them together for 10 seconds, then put them back on the battery and there you go computer is reset " Worked like a champ .............. Thank you again.

My friend had it tuned up at PEP Boys and they installed the wrong spark Plugs and after having every Mechanic including Suzki try to figure out why the Check engine light kept turning, they even tried to sell him a new car. He showed the car to my mechanic. Pep Boys for their tune up installed German spark plugs!

40

I had a new motor put in my suzuki xl7 2007. The mechanics that done the swap said I need my computer reset to have everything working properly. The air don't work, the panel flashes, the vechile being hot, and the traction light flashes. Plus it will quit, then stop and let it reset and it will go a little bit more

My Suzuky XL7 2002 Check Engine light was on, I checked and the codes PO153 & PO154 came in, I changed both up streams sensors, the car's computer was reset, the Check Engine light went off . I took my car after almost 200 driven miles for Emissions Test and failed the test, the mechanic said that the car's computer was not reading the sensors. Can that be possible? If something went wrong with the new sensors installed should be the light be on, but no light is displayed. What should I do ?