shift the transmission into neutral on a suzuki forenza with dead battery

Asked by suzukiforenza829 Jun 08, 2015 at 01:37 PM about the 2007 Suzuki Forenza Sedan with ABS

I have a 2007 Suzuki forenza with only 70000 miles. I haven't used the car since 8 months and the battery is dead. I have to move it now and want to shift the gear into neutral. Can this be done without turning on the ignition?
If so please advise, how to go about it?
Regards,
SuzukiForenza829

45,150

You do not have to start the vehicle but the switch has to be on to move gear shifter to neutral then the vehicle can be pushed.

45,150

If you have a clutch press in and hold then move gear shifter to neutral.

@Firebird338: Thanks. When you said, switch has to be on, am I correct in assuming that there has to be electrical power for the car? Meaning, I need a battery that isn't dead? OR Is it okay, if I just put the key and keep it in ON position even though there is no power flowing from the battery?

45,150

That is a good question never tried putting gear shift in netual and turn key on to see if it would shift with out the battery but I sure would give it a try it's either going to work or not. Some vehicle you also have to press brake pedal before putting in netual but I do not know if your vehicle has that feature.