I want to use my car as a trade in down payment how much would my car be worth if it's an Acura rsx automatic 17700 miles in fair conditions

Asked by Nov 13, 2015 at 11:05 PM about the 2002 Acura RSX Coupe w/ Leather

76,615

Take a look at kbb.com and select trade in value. A 14 year old car with only 17k miles must still be a very nice car.

68,255

Run the nada or kbb on it to get value.

You may want to consider selling the car instead if trading it in. Trade-in values are no where near Market value,the dealer will send it to auction and double their money that they credited you on trade-in. I fully understand it's a hassle to do that, you will be without a car (unless you have another) than just letting the stealership have the car and you drive away in a new car right then and there

76,615

True. Older cars fetch pennies on the dollar when traded in. When buying a used car from the dealer always remember they got it for a song and then marked it up a lot and then some more. I see used cars with asking prices thousands of dollars higher than the car sold for new!

https://www.carsforsale.com/2002-acura-rsx-for-sale-C138445 puts the Fair Market Value at about $5,000 with 145,000 miles. I could not get a FMV with only 17,700... so expect an offer of $2,000 trade in. Yes, that bad

Oh so true FoR. I overpaid for my Corolla, it had 38,000 miles on it when I bought it and I was nervous about why someone would trade in such a low-mileage car. But It has been VERY good to me. I got lucky and hit on a good solid car, no problems But I paid $2000 less in 2012 than it sold for new in 2005

I once considered buying a new Camry. But thr fist mistake the salesman made was, after I told him I want a V6, he said" No, you want the 4 cylinder" Salesmen do NOT tell me what I want. I tell them. But after an all too short test drive, the CVT was a dog up to about 35 mph ...then took off like s rocket. I will never have a CVT until they work the bugs out, which has not happened (yet), then, he offered me $3000 for my Corolla, 3 years ago, and I just got up and walked out. The guy literally chased me waving papers, , but I felt thoroughly insulted, I was being taken for a fool. But happy ending, my Corolla is tip-top and paid for and I intend to drive it until the wheels fall off. I love it

76,615

I bought a new Subaru this year because dealers were asking thousands more for 3 and 4 year old cars with tens of thousands of miles on them! Not that it turned out well as I got a lemon but at least I did not pay too much for it! I have been anti-CVT but after driving two loaner Subaru's with CVT's I have to say I am impressed.

21,675

I love my Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 Four with CVT. It's very responsive and makes the Four feel pretty powerful. Oh, I too, was originally thinking about the H6, but, the 3.6 engine was paired with the conventional 5 speed automatic transmission in 2010. Subaru ditched all of these old 5EAT transmissions in 2015.

23,205

Mr. Nut is right- he's ALWAYS right- just sell your car and get the cash- the dealers play this game, see, it's called "Let's just take their Car Away From Them and Say they got Something For It" hahahahahah- oh, I love that little game!

21,675

Mauri- yes , sell your car yourself. Place an ad. And see this attachment below, the value with the adjustment for mileage is attached here for you from NADA.

15

I work for a dealership and just bought an RSX that was traded in here. It's an 02 Base w/ Leather 5spd manual. Seriously great condition, 1-owner, no accidents, black/black and 106k miles on it. They traded it in for $2500 and I bought it for $3000. They usually retail for closer to $5000-$6000. Also if you walk into a dealer and even mention KBB they will laugh at you, best to gather most values from a combination of most other websites.