I want to use my car as a trade in down payment how much would my car be worth if it's an Acura rsx automatic 17700 miles in fair conditions

Mauri Quintana Zamora

Asked by Nov 13, 2015 at 11:05 PM about the 2002 Acura RSX Hatchback w/ Leather

Take a look at kbb.com and select trade in value. A 14 year old car with only 17k miles must still be a very nice car.

Run the nada or kbb on it to get value.

You may want to consider selling the car instead if trading it in. Trade-in values are no where near Market value,the dealer will send it to auction and double their money that they credited you on trade-in. I fully understand it's a hassle to do that, you will be without a car (unless you have another) than just letting the stealership have the car and you drive away in a new car right then and there

True. Older cars fetch pennies on the dollar when traded in. When buying a used car from the dealer always remember they got it for a song and then marked it up a lot and then some more. I see used cars with asking prices thousands of dollars higher than the car sold for new!

https://www.carsforsale.com/2002-acura-rsx-for-sale-C138445 puts the Fair Market Value at about $5,000 with 145,000 miles. I could not get a FMV with only 17,700... so expect an offer of $2,000 trade in. Yes, that bad

Oh so true FoR. I overpaid for my Corolla, it had 38,000 miles on it when I bought it and I was nervous about why someone would trade in such a low-mileage car. But It has been VERY good to me. I got lucky and hit on a good solid car, no problems But I paid $2000 less in 2012 than it sold for new in 2005

I once considered buying a new Camry. But thr fist mistake the salesman made was, after I told him I want a V6, he said" No, you want the 4 cylinder" Salesmen do NOT tell me what I want. I tell them. But after an all too short test drive, the CVT was a dog up to about 35 mph ...then took off like s rocket. I will never have a CVT until they work the bugs out, which has not happened (yet), then, he offered me $3000 for my Corolla, 3 years ago, and I just got up and walked out. The guy literally chased me waving papers, , but I felt thoroughly insulted, I was being taken for a fool. But happy ending, my Corolla is tip-top and paid for and I intend to drive it until the wheels fall off. I love it

I bought a new Subaru this year because dealers were asking thousands more for 3 and 4 year old cars with tens of thousands of miles on them! Not that it turned out well as I got a lemon but at least I did not pay too much for it! I have been anti-CVT but after driving two loaner Subaru's with CVT's I have to say I am impressed.

I love my Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 Four with CVT. It's very responsive and makes the Four feel pretty powerful. Oh, I too, was originally thinking about the H6, but, the 3.6 engine was paired with the conventional 5 speed automatic transmission in 2010. Subaru ditched all of these old 5EAT transmissions in 2015.

Mr. Nut is right- he's ALWAYS right- just sell your car and get the cash- the dealers play this game, see, it's called "Let's just take their Car Away From Them and Say they got Something For It" hahahahahah- oh, I love that little game!

Mauri- yes , sell your car yourself. Place an ad. And see this attachment below, the value with the adjustment for mileage is attached here for you from NADA.

Thomas Dreyer

I work for a dealership and just bought an RSX that was traded in here. It's an 02 Base w/ Leather 5spd manual. Seriously great condition, 1-owner, no accidents, black/black and 106k miles on it. They traded it in for $2500 and I bought it for $3000. They usually retail for closer to $5000-$6000. Also if you walk into a dealer and even mention KBB they will laugh at you, best to gather most values from a combination of most other websites.