throttle body sensor

70

Asked by Apr 28, 2016 at 07:49 AM about the 2006 Dodge Magnum SE

Hello i have a 06 dodge magnum 2.7 and the
lighting bolt is flashing in my car and its slow down
my car and i have to park my car,turn it off for a
min and its back to normal.. I chance the throttle
body and the ecm and its still doing it so wat can it
be please help me

840

Go to your local parts store an they will hook up a computer an trouble shoot it with codes. That will shoot you in the right direction. Good luck!

Best Answer Mark helpful
70

I already did that and its keep saying throttle body.. But the sensor i didnt chance

15,715

Lighting bolt indicates ... Electronic Throttle Control system issue , yes throttle body this vehicle control has a drive by wire system. Unless you have the test equipment a parts change is your answer.

70

I got a new throttle body and its still doing it.. Who got a magnum that did this and got it fix?? Im in michigan

15,715

Your Magnum needs to checked again with a real scan tool..Have all the codes read again write them down the clear them! I'm in Ann Arbor.... Means there's a problem in one of the two APPS(Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor) circuits, the reason the car ran fine is because the system is redundant. its reasons your CEL check engine light is / was on, if all the lights are out now, id expect the electronic throttle light to become a more and more prevalent problem.

70

Wats a apps? And did get it fix

15,715

It's The gas pedal - accelerator pedal look down and check it's bolted to the floor-firewall panel. The electronic sensor that sends a signal to the PCM computer for the drive by wire.

70

Did u have a magnum before

70

Its flashing and it do it when i start my car sometime

I have a 06 mag 3.5 high output its does the same thing it jumps as if it wants to turn off I just did it not 20 min ago I just turn around and go home I got it tested and always come back good never anything about the throttle body or anything else. This is my only problem I can't seem to find out what it ready is

15,715

HelpMePlease1000000 ------ 3.5 V6 Start with the the CPS (camshaft position Sensor). Have it tested or have to scanned with a real tool DBRIII scanner. If its failing symptoms are slow acceleration and jerking. (no more engine light and not violently jerking) common issue.

70

Whats a tbs mean?? That wat came up on my car

15,715

That's the throttle body sensor code TBS But its reading the circuit doesn't mean its the Problem 1 of 2 senors in the circuit!

70

Huh what. I change the throttle body and the ecm is good on the call too.. So what left

Mine was jerking at stop while in drive. Put in nuetral n it stops. The gasket was missing around the throttle body and it was gettin a vacuum leak. Gasket 10 bucks. Fixed it right up!

10

I got a 2008 charger 2.7 the lighting bolt is coming on when I stop starts jerking and cuts off. But u can start it rite back up.

Mine shutters in drive at a stop and the etc light comes on and it shuts off, it could be the gas pedal I haven’t changed mine yet but a good source tells me this and if the lights flashing and it’s running in limp mode I just changed the air charge sensor and the map sensor and it’s running good but it’s still shutting off so I’m gonna do the gas pedal tomorrow and I’ll see what happens