2004 Cadillac Battery Drain!!!!!! HELP

30

Asked by May 19, 2014 at 02:14 PM about the 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

I need help. I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX.  It runs and drives fine, especially seeing that it's almost 11 years old.  It's decked out for an '04 with all the options that on could have expected in that year.  However, it has a major battery drain somewhere and neither myself and two mechanics can find it.  There are no lights being left on.  I even make it a point to turn off the A/C and radio unit everytime i exit the car.  I have checked all of the dome lights, all of them work and the push buttone work as well.  All of the switches are functional and are in proper position, Windows, locks, seat adjstments, rear seat, etc.  If I don't drive this car everyday, it will completely drain the battery and not start.  I have to jump it off.  Does anyone have any idea what this might be?  We've been leary to take it to a dealer because of costs.

209,835

Are you sure it's a battery/parasitic drain on the battery? I say that because the battery just might be old and not holding a charge. Have the battery load tested. How old is it?

30

Thanks for the response!!! I first took it to the dealership, not a caddy, but a GM local dealer. They hooked it up to thier "computer" and charged me a diagnostic fee and said that it was the battery. I went to Autozone and paid for the new battery. After a couple days, the same thing happened. I then took it to a independent mechanic and he said to replace the alternator, that it wasn't the alternator, but a regulator on the alternator, but I had to purchase the entire alternator. I bout that from autozone and he put it on for me. No change. Something is draining this car down.

209,835

Check out this link, copy and paste it into your browser window...http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

40

I have 04 DSL cadillac with same problem. New battery,sit's for a week and really dead. Dealership has check out and can find no problem, dwraw od 5 mile amps. Help? Tom, Carlisle, pa

20

I know this post is over a year old but I am having the same issues and am wondering if anyone has found a solution to this. I'm considering buying an alternator but from the posts above its not going to fix the issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated

I have same issue. I changed 2 batteries. I took car to electrical workshopand he didn't find anything. Still I have problem . Please any help