2003 Jerking/Misting while driving

Asked by Apr 01, 2014 at 12:34 AM about the 2003 Buick Rendezvous CXL FWD

I just got my truck Feb 14th 2014. All was good with it til about a week ago. Getting off the interstate there was a slight jerk or mist as my dad calls it while driving. Next days was getting back on the interstate to head to the next town over and it started the jerking again. It did it for a good bit and then finally stopped. I asked my dad to drive it as i wanted him to see what the problem is and because hes my mechanic(has owned his own shop since i was a baby) knows what hes doing and has worked on cars since he was 16. So he takes it, it does it once, BUT my check engine light isnt coming on so his meter isnt reading and codes. Well a few nights ago on my way home from work it starts doing the jerking and then shuts off on me at a light. It did it a few more minutes and then was fine. So once again i tell my dad to take it so that he can feel it again, this time it does it worse for him and he sees what im talking about. Says nothing is reading on his meter and no codes are coming up, hes put his little one on  there and now the big one and nothing. So tonight on my way home this is the worst its been, it shut off on me 4 times having to pull over to re crank it and try to get home. At one point it was smoking a little. Please someone tell me that they know what the issue is or that its happened to them.. I am a single mom of 5 and this is my only ride, i cant afford to have my vehicle break down on me and leave me and my kids stranded... Any advice is welcome along with has it happened to you!!! HELP!!!!!

20

WOW... I am having same issue now with mine! Trying to find ANYTHING on this has been rather hard to say the least. As your dad, I have had my scanner on this several times, an not 1 code has popped up. I only know I do know, is, it seems to only happen after reaching operating temp. I did get this to happen in Park for the first time yesterday trying yet again to fix the problem. To me, it seems as if something is shutting off the engine at anytime it like to. this is brief, yet drive lets say 55mph an for 1/2 sec. engine shut off, then comes back on, can be a real scare. Not to mention the hard jerking, due to still being in drive. Transmission/drive-train, all hooked up. crazy! also rather worrisome. My wife told me this, thought she was nutz.... next moring going to work, she brought back the car, told me, "DRIVE IT, am taking your ride today..." This is a problem, PLS let me know what your dad has done, or come up with! I have checked all wires under the hood. I have checked for any vacuum leaks, found none! Like I said prior, I have no code to even work with, so have been checking the basic's ... and again, I have found nothing wrong yet. hopefully I can find something to pass along.

I know it's probably been solved by now but incase someone else has the same problem. All this is caused by a piece of plastic holding some wires (plastic breaks). The wire hangs over one of your pulleys and it gets exposed due to be rubbed by the pulley. You can tape it up and away from the pulley and the car will run perfect. It will normally only act up when driving forward due to the motor tilting when accelerating. Hope this helps because I thought my 2006 Buick rendezvous was needing to be junked

@Adam. After reading your post I ran to the SUV and checked all the wires near the pulleys,

Sorry Adam, I pressed the wrong button. Anyway I checked the wires near the pulleys and the only one I found looks like it goes to a sensor and its located behind the AC pulley I believe, I don't think its that one because I started the car, which runs very smooth, I wiggled those wires, push and pulled on them but nothing happenedso I did the same with all the wires I could reach, determined that wasn't the problem. QUESTION: Could you please tell me the location of the wires you are referring to? BTW So far, I have invested about $900 under advise from various "professional" and responsible mechanics, who suggested I replace the Catalytic converter, vacuum hoses, full tune up, electronic fuel control valve etc.. :-( Thank you in advance.