2011 Jetta sportwagen. .7VDC in one headlight 11.4VDC in other.

10

Asked by Mar 14, 2016 at 02:35 PM about the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI

Long story short I'm only getting .7 volt to my drivers side headlight.  I had 35w HID's installed since new and upgraded to 55w and installed a relay kit to compensate for the additional power required to ignite.  Relay kept clicking intermittently but never fully turned on.  I threw the relay kit to the side and ran the HIDs right to the stock headlight plug and only one side would work at a time for a couple days.  Then neither would fire up.  I pulled the kits and checked the voltage to the lights and I'm only getting .7 to the drivers and 11.7 to the pass.  I should note that the passenger side works perfectly fine.   I cant find any Blown fuses.  I actually can't find an actual Fuse Diagram for my vehicle specifically, and the owners manual states "for replacing fuses take to Authorized VW Dealer for service" .  I also cannot find any schematics for the electrical system to trace any issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

72,225

Well your kinda stuck with that, but sounds like ground wires need to be cleaned up. This would account for the low voltage.