My 1992 Cadillac Seville to run hot when you stop at a red light in warm weather.I have replaced everything but the water pump

20

Asked by Sep 23, 2014 at 02:11 AM about the 1992 Cadillac Seville STS

I have replaced the radiator the thermostat and the hoses.the only thing I haven't replied
is the water pump.runs fine going down the road but when you stop at a red light in
warmweather it trys to run hot and it will.  Help

34,575

What did you replace just BEFORE the problem started?

20

It was trying to run hot when I bought it.that's why I started replacing all but water pump.

34,575

Hummm. Ok. Here's a test. With the engine warmed up and at a stop, turn the heater on. Wait a few minutes and see if it stops blowing hot air. If it stops blowing hot air then there's air in the system.

Best Answer
20

Thank you but I have already checked that and it does fine.it has the 4.9 if that helps other wise I will change the water pump.

34,575

That's the only thing that is left.

405

Did you ck the oil. Pull out the dip stick see if looks bubbly or whiteish if it's you may have a blown head casket

15

I have read a lot post a bout these notorious northwars with over heating issues I own two of them 01seville and 02 deville and yes I have experienced the over issue with both of my cars there has been a lot of good potiential answers and I for several been there myself but through all the research I finally narrow it down, like many others didn't want to accept the fact that the result was going to be blown head gaskets, guys look, what I found was that my resivior tank and or cap was faulty it was leaking coolant not a lot where it iwas obviously easy to detect so look closer mind was leaking at seems down and underneath dripping down on the Finder wall of the 02 deville, end of problem, end of thinking it was that nightmare head gaskets and all that nonsense, later on same problem with the 01 seville it was just aother problem solve I would have to say this should be common issue those do fail so guys before u start spending a lot of money inspect ur coolant tanks and or cap thank u for reading please give me feed back hope I have solve your problem

405

Only thing 92sevilles don't have Nstar engine its either a4.9or4.6