What could still be making the car overheat ?

Asked by May 08, 2016 at 10:46 AM about the 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

I have a 1997 Cadillac SLS . I have changed the water pump, fan relays, antifreeze reservoir, hoses, thermostat , and did a pressure check for  head gaskets and it was fine, also replaced the heat temperature sensor.  The car is still overheats but not right away. What could this problem be ? Thank you.

98,345

Do the cooling fans work and if they do, are they running in the right direction?

Yes they are running and they are in the right direction. It seems as though even with two new water pumps something maybe clogging the circulation of the coolant. I just don’t know what and thank you for your response.

98,345

Have you tried reverse flushing of the cooling system? These are really hard sometimes to get all of the air out, but the flushing really helps.

Best Answer

Thank you , I have not tried that yet and it make a lot of sense ! I will let you know how that works out, and again Thank You !!

98,345

OK I hope that it is just an air pocket and not the dreaded head bolt problem.

405

Try this disconnect the heater hoses going to the heater core then take a garden hose with a jet stream nozzle and flush it out . Plus try this by pass the heater core for a week see if it is still over heating if it is then you have a bad core