Transmission/Gear shift problem

Asked by Dec 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM about the 1998 Cadillac Catera RWD

My 1998 Cadillac Catera did not pass the emmission test.  It is having gear shift problem.  It doesn't want to go past 25, 30 mph.  Besides the transmission rebuilt, what else do I need to do while the transmission is out.  I need to get the radiator replaced and I will get the thermostat replace.  I am also going to have the pressure checked to make sure that I do not have a blown head gasket.  Is there any thing else that I should get replaced while the transmission and possibly engine is out?  Nancy.

10

Check your catalytic converter.

10

Check your catalytic converter,If it gets excessively hot during normal opperation it may need to be replaced.