How low can you go for a down payment on a 1800 dollar car. I was thinking three hundred.

Asked by Jan 29, 2016 at 10:16 AM about the 2000 Cadillac Eldorado ETC Coupe

rocky auto was willing to let me drive away with a 7 or 8 thousand dollar vehicle. but they wanted to sell me something I didn't want. I want to ask a couple of questions and see what you can provide for me.

247,455

For a $1800 car, I would just pay cash, for that amount you would be talking a personal loan. Try to finance through your local bank or credit union vs the dealers and don't let them sell you something you don't want. Tell them you want your mechanic to check it over before purchase as well. Piece of mind.

A lot of dealerships have no problem with even having a down payment on a vehicle with a purchase price that LOW!!!. However please note that no down payment leads to higher monthly payments, and if you need lower payments, take in consideration that lower monthly payments leads to higher interest rates. Its kind of like a triangle effect. When one angle is affected, the other angles have to pick up the slack to even the triangle out. I hope this helps! Have a nice day sir

70,315

Car dealers will always try and sell you something you don't want. Stick to what you want and if they persist tell them you will walk if they keep it up. The down payment is between you and the dealer and will depend on your credit rating and income.