I'm about to take in my Eldorado ETC & the guy said 4OO for oil pan gasket WHAT do you think it's a shop! & they tow! And sell car's been In the neighborhood for 8 years no problem's..

30

Asked by Feb 02, 2016 at 07:41 PM about the 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe FWD

Can it be done with out pulling the engine

check underneath the vehicle..there is a pan that has a bolt on it thats your oil pan..follow pan up and see how far up in engine it goes..i personally never worked on one of those but on other cars i never had to pull engine out..just remove 10-15 bolts dump oil remove pan put gasket on put it back on tighten it and put oil in

79,195

If you have the Northstar V8 and you don't know if the head gaskets have been done I wouldn't put a lot of money in this car! Northstar blow head gaskets. It's a $3500+ job when they do! The engine and transmission must come out from the bottom of the car to do the job. There's no other way. About the oil pan gasket. It wouldn't surprise me if the engine and transmission have to come out to change the oil pan gasket. Unless it's leaking badly I wouldn't bother. To remove the engine and transmission is a major job! That price quote tells me the shop has no idea what they're getting into. I'll repeat, the engine, if it must come out, must come out with the transmission from the bottom of the car! HTH. -Jim