00 Deville when headlights on the right parking light and tail light don't come on.

45

Asked by Dec 30, 2012 at 09:49 PM about the 2000 Cadillac DeVille Base

I need some serious help,im trying to avoid going to the( stealer ) When my headlights come the right
side parking light and tail light don't come,but this the strange thing the right signal light comes on
the front and back when I hit the signal and the hazard lights works fine also the right brake light
comes on when the brakes are pressed.I have mirror led lights running to the right signal wireing and
it works fine also.I know my auto light lamp wedge wasn't working..(that's the small bulb above the
signal light) it was a short some where,cause it was poppin and blinking off and on,so I cut the 2
wires and tried to re wire it,and now it seems like there is no power on the right side for the parking
lights or the tail light but the signals works.

1,945

Its hard to understand your description, but correct me if i'm wrong... the right side of your car (front and rear) do not turn on, but the right turn signal turns on for both the front and rear. are you referring to your running tail light and running headlight vs brake light and low beam light? If so, check the bulbs they should have 2 filiments that cause the lighting to change, if one is burnt out the other will still work... this goes for the rear and the front for most... I'm just not sure if that is what you are describing... if you are describing that you have already checked those filiments in the lights and you are rewiring them, you are going to have to go back and recheck your wiring or your grounds

45

When I turn the headlights on not the day running lights.The right side parking light and tail light dont come on,just the right low beam headlight.I tried a brand new signal bulb in the in the front and the results where the same the parking light only comes on with the right turn signal.It wont light up with the headlights. I took the whole tail light assembly off and couldn't find or locate where a bulb would go.I did rewire the signal socket yesterday,but I guess Im missing something Im learning as I go along.I will recheck the wiring but where do the ground run to and where are they located at?

7,025

rear tail lights are led's now. best to find your ground wires or any exposed wire

1,645

it is a short circuit in a wire as jason said check all the grounds and chipped wires of your lighting system

45

Thanks for all the response,I'll check tomorrow and let everyone know what happens.

45

The grounds had nothing to do with it,cause if the ground wire were bad the light wouldn't work at all,come to find out and this is to all who may come across this problem.Check your parking light fuse.....That was my problem a blown 15amp fuse a $2 fix. The right parking light fuse,which is located in the fuse box under the rear seat real simple. If your rear or front signal light works and the rear brake lights work,but the front parking light and tail light dont come on when the head lights are turned on,check the fuses.......In my car the right and left parking fuses where put in not as said in the manual. The right parking light fuse in the fuse box is labeled as the left parking light fuse,and the left parking light fuse is labeled as the right.....Wow how Gm mess that up??? but i figured it out.

45

I'm bad