car pulls to left when i apply the brake

Asked by Apr 15, 2012 at 02:06 PM about the 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport RWD

My car pulls to the left when I apply the brake

675

I would have to think that you have a lot of miles on it. if that is so , odds are that thepassenger side front brake caliper will be found with frozen pistons in them that are not letting that side work at all. making your car pull to the left real bad, please get your brakes fixed or sell car for parts.

35

u canjust assume that the caliper is bad i would grease the sliding pins first and see what happens. if the problem isnt fixed then i would replace the caliper.

14,125

Your car is pulling to left because the right caliper is not working. I would pull both calipers off. Take a good look at them. They can be rebuilt for about $25 per side. If they are real bad you can replace them for about $68 per side. These prices are parts only. I'm guessing you have someone that can do the work. If not shop time should be about 1.5 - 2.0 hours max times their hourly rate.

I had new brakes put on front and back but I will take it back and have them look at the caliper. Thanks

14,125

Tell them you want old parts if they change anything......Helps keep them more honest.

14,125