running hot should I flush the radiator

Asked by Apr 25, 2007 at 05:45 PM about the 1999 Cadillac Catera

the just started to run hot.  looks like the over flow has a sludge like substance.  I that the problem.

44,585

Could be coolant sludge buildup from corrosion, but it may also be a blown head gasket. Have the vehicle cooling system pressure tested before changing the coolant -- you may have bigger problems. If the pressure test comes out OK, then flush the cooling system and have the thermostat replaced in case it has started to fail from neglecting the coolant.

I also Iam are having the same problem. When it first start happening I replace the radiator and flushed it also. It work for a little while then started running hot again. then on top of that my battery went dead and tire went flat. I hope it's the thermostat that I need to replace.

105

no do not flush the radiator. go to your local atuo-zone or closest atuo store and get a new tempatchere senser. k

105

hes talking about the radiator not the a\c you retard!!!!!!!!

105

you need to replace your altanater tempatur senser.ok

8,545

coolant is what you actually call antifreeze...

Hello i think you can check the presure built in the hose if it is very tight it could be your Water pump is becoming bad or the radiador blower is not working, chek if it work when it is hot, if it turns it may lead to a water pump becoming bad, also chek for the water temperature sensor watching this can tell you where you have the problem, sometimes it could be that you radiator is clogged, see if the water is rusted, if it is you have to clean it out, and that's it. bye happy fixing.