I have 01 deville dhs

Asked by Jun 21, 2016 at 06:44 PM about the 2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS

I drove the car night before no problems. Now today I have
no headlights hi/lo. Dash indicators says lights are on.
Click to high beam light indicator in dash shows high
beams on but no headlights at all? I have checked fuses for
headlights and the hi and lo relays. Everything there seems
fine. Please help I'm stumped!

Did you check the headlight connectors, that I have seen melt and the bulbs, a bad ground to the lamps can cause a no light condition and can also cause both bulbs to burn out at the same time.

I will need to pull the headlight assblys out to check connection. All four bulbs burn out at tge sametime? Where should I look for grounding issue?

There will be a headlight ground wire on each headlight connector, so if it tests open you can either follow it back to the bolt or run new ground wires from the connector.

I did, I replaced the bulbs, but now I have more and more issues popping up. Still no headlights, but in addition, the push buttons on dash for gas lid, trunk do not work. The fob doesn't work either except to lock and unlock the car. Pushed the trunk button on fob nothing, pushed the gas lid button parking lights start flashing and horn goes off. Also in driving it when making a turn signal it blinks very fast. Electrical issues going to hell in a hand basket! Frustrated majorly. Told I could pull pos/neg post off battery and that everything should reset. Wrong! I need help!

Oh my, this sounds like a BCM going into failure or you have lost either a major power or ground supply, possibly both. Do you have access to a live data scanner?

I do not know what a bcm is and no I don't have a data scanner.

BCM body control module, controls things like radio, lights, Windows, seats, power mirrors, stuff like that. At this point in time I would recommend that you get a wiring diagram of your car, at least you can do the basics of circuit checking and repairing any you find damaged. Think about buying a good scanner, one with live data and freeze frame capabilities. If you are going to work on your own vehicles you are going to need one eventually.