02 dts won't start

Asked by Jan 16, 2017 at 05:53 PM about the 2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS

When I try to start my car it does nothing
dashboard goes black and I hear clicking noise
from back seat

105

Your problem is the key magnet inside your key. Is your key an original? Is it bent? If bent don't wiggle vigourasly but nudge it back and forth and leave the key in ACC for a minute or two if cold outside 5 min. If your key was re-programmed and you hear a clink or repetative clinks then the key was not left long enough in the ignition by the locksmith for the computer to syncronize with your key magnet or you have a electrical relay issue which is your guess is as good as mine. Car will engage kill-switch mode when key and computer don't recognize each other..