How to delete previous owners phone tags for Bluetooth?

Asked by Jul 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM about the 2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Premium AWD

I just purchased a preowned 2011 cts. I want to pair my phone to the cars Bluetooth and
when I attempted it, it told me that the car had the maximum number of phones already
paired (5). I tried to delete them but the car needed to know the phone tag names in
order to delete. Since I obviously don't know the previous owner I am hopeful that I can
somehow delete those phones so I can connect mine. Thanks!!

Instructions are in the owners manual, if you didn't get one, got to post #5 in this link........

Press the push to talk button. Say "Hands Free" then at the next prompt say "Bluetooth". Then say "List," which will provide the nametags of all the phones paired. Now start again with "Hands Free" then "Bluetooth" then say "Delete" and give the name tags of the phones to remove.

Just left the Chevy dealership in Grenada MS to ask how to remove bluetooth devices and have successfully removed all 5 devices. THE CAR MUST BE IN PARK OR IN THE ACC POSITION!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN NOT DELETE DEVICES OTHERWISE.

2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV with Navigation and OnStar Bluetooth Issues pairing a phone when the limit of 5 phones has been reached. Previous owners may have added phones too, this process will delete all paired phones. This is what you do to correct the problem. I’ve been trying to pair a new phone, but the Bluetooth did not recognize my command on which Name Tag to delete so that I could pair the new phone. I went to the dealer and they did not know. I called Cadillac, only what the manual said to do is what they told me to do, not to mention, that I had tried it at least 50 times, to no avail. I prayed, really, and it came to me that I had changed the language and that perhaps that was the problem. I long pressed the telephone symbol on the mirror (OnStar). A message came on gave me options, one option was to change the language. 0 for English, 1 for French, 2 for Spanish. I pressed my selection, confirmed it, and a message came on which said: If you change your language all Name Tags will be deleted. There we have it, all name tags were deleted. On the steering wheel, I pressed the talk symbol, said Bluetooth, Pair and a message came on which said to do a search on my phone for My Vehicle. The voice gave me a four-digit number, I keyed it into the phone, and wham…… My phone was paired. I checked on the “list” and only the new entry was on the list. Lots of trouble at first, but thank God, it is over!