2004 Cadillac Deville Loaded every option but Heads-up. SPUTTER issue.

Asked by Mar 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM about the 2004 Cadillac DeVille DHS Sedan FWD

Hello Gentleman and any Ladies, I bought my 2004 Deville DHS about 3 months ago. I
got a great deal on it, although it was bought with the knowledge that the vehicle had
rough spot while idleing and when starting off from a stop, it seems to choch and
sputter. Once it gets to about 15-20 mph it seems to run fine. I had part replaced when
I had the problem checked out. For the life of me I can't find the receipt for the part
replaced. However, it was about $300 with labor, and it was fuel module. The problem
seemed for a quick moment to improve. But in actuality, it's getting worse. The check
engine light stays on and then flahes when the sputter is worse. But of course, I'm
guessing at that! Any idea's as to what in the world is going on? My biggest problem is
funds, like most folks. I've been laid off now 2 months, with no better times in sight. I
say this as I don't have the monies to replace item after item, and get no results. Your
expertise will go along way in reducing the stress I have with this issue. Thank you all
so much!

215

I feel your pain, believe me, I'll tell you Do not use 87 octane, even though the manual says you can. You may have some water in your tank, if you don't think that is it, call the dealer, they charge a diagnostic fee, but they will know for sure what the problem is when they look at it, and they guarantee to solve it for that fee, after they find out what the problem is the fee is then taken out of the labor, thus making it all even in the end. I in the past was afraid to go to the dealer thinking I wouldn't be able to afford it but I was surprised to find that they found a solution quickly and aside from the diagnostic fee, it was less than 20$ to fix it. so in closing I had no solution for 2 years, had people look at it, looked at it myself, when I should have just brought it to the dealer it cost me at my local Cadillac dealer a total of $139.00. which for me was great, previously I took it to a electrical specialist who couldn't guarantee me anything and wanted $150.00, and didn't speak to me right . But at the dealer they treat you right, this is no advertisement for the dealer, it's a cold fact. In these tough times we face simply by being alive and wanting a beautiful Cadillac, why should we loose sleep, these cars are complicated but these Cadillac technicians know what they are doing and the ones that I have met Love what they do. If you live in Philly or New Jersey then you know where to go right? Good luck to you I truly hope you can resolve this issue and I pray for better days for you my friend, just keep believing that things will be better and remember we are all brothers and sisters. Take care.

Go back to where you had the work done! Tell em its still misfiring. Pull onboard diagnostic fault codes to determine which cylinder(s) are missing. Possible that parts faulty or probably more possiable its unrelated. If its bad part the shop should change it out w/o you having the receipt. Any place that doesn't keep any records shouldn't be touching that car in the first place.

head to cadillacforums.com and post your issue if it still happens. one of the things it may be is the rubber seal at the intake plenum can go bad. a cheap fix, but a tough one to figure out if you don't know it. I have learned a lot from the folks at that forum. good luck.