How to remove cabin air filter(passenger compartment air filter) 2003 STS under dash by gas pedal? Thanks

10

Asked by Nov 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM about the 2005 Cadillac STS 4.6

2,935

1 remove the air inlet grille panel.( panel below wiper arms) 2 realease the tabs on each side of the access cover, lift cover. 3 remove filter.

10

Thanks for responding but you had the wrong information it could of been car, make or model or year. The cabin air filters (3) are under dash next to gas pedal, it took me a while but there is an access slot the size of each filter to slide out. The trick is they are all connected with key ways and and end flap that lock the together, once I figured it out you pop end flaps that keep them connected, once that flap is free you can easily slide one out the next one drops down slide that out and the third drops. All done from under dash right side of gas pedal. This is a 2003 Cadillac STS Seville. Thanks for response no access at all under windshield wiper cowling. My wife's Cadillac CTS V is accessed under wipers.

30

I bought my 03 Seville new and have had it since. This is a job for a contortionist. Just to the right of the accelerator pedal is the small plastic cover that comes off. It is about 1" wide and 4". The meeting at General Motors when the Engineering Dept. and the service manual writers must have been a lot of screaming and yelling when it came to the design and serviceability for Cad. Techs. and owners. This 3 piece filter does stop any dust, dirt and leaves from entering the cabin, but the most important thing is that it prevents your inside air-conditioning and heater coil from getting coated and then plugging up to the point of reduced to no air flow. Serious about this. If you operate the car without the filter. Those coils A/C & heater will coat over with debris just like in your home A/C when they never get changed. Your house does not go behind a line of 18 wheeler trucks in the rain or dusty conditions. So If you think you can just take out the filter and let it coat over the coils, wait until you cannot get any air flow and the trained Cad. Service Tech. tells you how much it will be to get access to the coils and clean them. Until you do, no a/c or heat. Even if you have to pay someone to do it, do it. The owners manual states 15,000 miles it must be changed. Owned Caddies since 1986.