2006 Cadillac SRX ignition switch repair was completed. weird starts now NO start!

Asked by Jan 08, 2015 at 10:23 PM about the 2006 Cadillac SRX V6

I had the recall ignition switch repair done on my SRX last month. Prior to this service
I experienced no start problems Within hours I noticed that the starts were with long
hesitaion (almost as if it would not start but thing did at the last second) weird. The
next morning I started the SRX againa with the weird hesitation again. I called the
dealership back and the service girl said that it had nothing to do with the recall repair.
I said," but it's a starter/ ignition issue, and it ironically started since the ignition was
messed with". She put me on hold ( I suppose to ask someone else), then she told me  
all that was done with the recall was a lengthening of the key and that it is impossible
that this problem was related to the work they did. Now the car will not start at all. I am
pretty miffed and expecting to have to tow the SRX back to them in the morning. What
could be causing this? The voltage from the battery reads strong via the computer
display. No codes nor maintenance lights are on. Very frustrated!

30

This just happened to me too. I just had my key fixed too. I'm extremely frustrated too. I will contact my dealer today and see what he says.

30

I had the same thing with my car and they said it was the starter.

20

Im having the same problem theres no power to my starter

30

As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with the starter. I pulled the relay and jumped it out with the ignition on and it started right up. Replaced the relay and tried again. No start. Battery is fine. As far as I can tell, everything is fine. Pulled the relay again and jumped it out(relay, not battery) and it started again. ????????????????. New relay and charged battery but will not start without jumping relay. No one seems to have the answer to this one