Car won't start

10

Asked by Oct 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM about the 2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8L

Hello,

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8L, 74,000 km that is currently not starting. Drove around
today with no problems, then on the way to my friends the audio system and all buttons
associated with it stopped responding, leaving it stuck on one station. It also appeared
to cut out for a second or two now and then. After stopping, and turning the car off for a
bit, it resumed as normal. Several hours later outside, I tried to go home, and it would
not start, instead it makes rapid tap sound when I try to start it... The battery seemed
fine, as the audio, and lights appeared to be on completely, and working normally.
Tried having it jumped, but no luck. No idea where to start. Also noticed now that the
error message I have says service theft system, and then finally battery saving mode,
as it looks like the battery is lower, after so many attempts at trying to start it.

Any idea where to start, what could be causing this and even guesses as to how much
it will cost to fix? I'm not mechanically inclined in the slightest. It's also the only vehicle I
have, and is pretty much necessary for me to have working. I have only had it for 3
months; and up until today, zero problems.

Any and all suggestions/help are greatly appreciated it! Thanks guys

63,365

Start with load testing the battery,if battery is ok,and cable,s are good and snug,check the starter,but it sound,s like battery may be going bad.

10

Thanks for the input. What is load testing a battery though? And what makes you think it is a battery?

10

I checked the battery quick before I left, and I believe it was 11.9 on the car dashbboard when I checked.

63,365

Load testing is when the battery has a draw down,to see if it can rejuvnate it,s power,all so called a power draw,it can be done at any parts store,and the reason i say battery,when battery is weak,the alternator tote,s the load,and this will make the car act like this,

10

Thanks again!

40

I have the same problem with my2006 Cadillac cts, but I changed the alternator and the battery, the check engine light went of and it ran well with no incidents for about 3 days and then the engine light came back on and it started doing the same problem again. What other thing I could do to solve this problem?

10

My Cadillac CTS is a 2007, it first acted as though it didn't want to start then while driving it went into theft mode. The car begun to get hard to steer, locked the doors, gas needle appeared as it was empty the shut its self completely down. Towed it to a Cadillac dealership to be serviced an they determined my whole theft system went bad and had to be replaced. The cost was about $470.

I have a 2007 CTS also and I'm having this problem as well but I charge my battery and it still won't turn over and then a few days later the battery is completely dead could it be the control module or just the simple their fix

I don't know what happened to my Cadillac 2010 today I'm driving almost home my car shut down for them self I try to start again they ok couple 2-3 seconds and than shut off I here the sound in front kong Kong I don't know what it that mean . Who khow about this pls tell the story thanks