Is a 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limoted a good SUV to use for vacation and every day driving

45

Asked by Feb 12, 2013 at 05:22 PM about the 2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited

No. The Suzuki Grand Vitara is hands down the worst engineered car allowed in North America highways. Undependable, no dealer support no manufacturer support, I speak from experience, I have no agenda. My son has one.

45

Ive read a bunch of other reviews that say it is fanominal

OK, if you buy one, in a year, remember this opinion. I sincerely wish you luck that it does not happen to you what my son and myself experienced with this car.

45

What happened because im really digging the leather and the navagation system. what year was your sons.

2010

26,595

DavidH25 is actually VERY much correct! There is a BIG reason WHY you won't see very many Suzuki cars and SUV's on the roads. Even though it's a Japanese brand, their products have never been great, just mediocre. The mere fact that Consumer Reports ONLY has reliability data for ONE model year (2006) in TEN years (from 2003-2012) speaks VOLUMES. This means they got ZERO or damn near zero responses from consumers in 9 out of 10 years on the Grand Vitara...you'd be hard pressed to find this scenario in any other make/model of car. I would STRONGLY suggest avoiding an Suzuki product and look at other vehicles in the same class i.e. Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V, or my own personal favorite, The Mitsubishi Outlander.

Thanks smooth for the support. I didn't think I was alone here. I just know first hand usnews.rankingsandreviews.com › Home › Suzuki .......ManAwsome I read those reviews. LOOK at WHO published them. Suzuki.......an independent, US News wrote a scathing one, and in 2005 only 4,875 units were sold in the US and Canada, and for reason I may add

. "A recall has been issued for the 2007 Suzuki XL7, Potentially 2,380 of the SUVs manufactured from June 13, 2006 to December 22, 2006 could have an issue with their fuel pump modules: The plastic supply or return port could crack. If that happens, it could lead to a fuel leak and then to a fire." ---- over faulty fuel pump. Now on top of everything else ManAwesome, are you going to put you family in a car that could catch on fire? Granted this is for 2007 model year but is an example of their engineering, Honda and Toyota rejects went to work for Suzuki. They should have stuck to motorcycles

45

What about the Mitsubishi outlander or endeavor

Both excellent choices. I agree with smooth, especially the Outlander

ManAwsome, I did come across rather strong at first, But you did ask, and it is a hot button issue with me

26,595

Hey ManAwsome....After doing a lot of research on various small-mid size SUV's, I ended up buying a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SE AWD (with the 2.4L 4 cylinder) a month ago for $17k with 38k miles on her ....My only regret was that maybe I should've paid a little more for the 3.0 V6, but the 4 cylinder accelerates and handles well. Consumer Reports gives it a thumbs up and it's very nicely equipped with most of the amenities you might want. Decided against the Toyota RAV4 (too pricey used, rear hatch swings left to right instead of upwards = inconvenient and a pain in the ass if someone is parked behind you + didn't like rear tire hanging on the back)...Honda CR-V (also pricey used, blah looking exterior design), Subaru Forester (once again, too much $$ for used ones+ not as roomy in the trunk area as I wanted). Nissan Rogue is an excellent choice too (My GF has one...I didn't want the exact same SUV she had...LOL!). My cousin has a Grand Vitara and lives in snowy Michigan...that car hasn't been too kind to her. Disclaimer: I don't work for Consumer Reports, but I swear by it as it has REALLY helped me steer clear of a LOT of lemons over the years!

26,595

Also, as far as the Mitsu Endeavor is concerned...it's a slightly larger car-based SUV (same platform as the Mitsu Galant)...available with a 3.8L V6, but kind of homely and blah looking, in my opinion. But it's not a bad SUV, just not a popular one....Here's some info from CR on it: The Endeavor dates to 2004, competing quite well with other midsized SUVs of the era. Derived from the Galant sedan it had a fairly comfortable, quiet ride and secure handling, but cornering wasn't particularly agile. The refined 3.8-liter V6 provided strong acceleration. Like most car-based SUVs, the Endeavor didn't come with low-range gearing, but the AWD is appropriate for snow and sand. Road noise is a bit pronounced. The interior was put together well, and visibility is good. The rear seat is spacious, and the seatback is easy to fold. Never a big seller, sales took a nosedive after 2007. The Endeavor was discontinued after the 2011 model year.

45

I considered the outlander but not a good one around my area. I only want to drive about 50 miles. What's the difference in the sport model and the regular model

26,595

Hmmm? I'm glad you asked that question @ ManAwsome. I never considered the Outlander Sport (although I think it looks cool) because it's a newer model and I didn't want to pay more than $17k. Turns out that it has 20 less HP than the 4 cylinder in the regular Outlander, it doesn't come with a V6 option, and it's smaller as well...Consumer Reports recommends it, but they don't like it as much as the standard Outlander model: The Outlander Sport is a chopped version of the small Outlander SUV, with reduced rear-seat and cargo space. Despite the name this is not a fun car to drive. It handles less nimbly than the larger Outlander, and acceleration from the 148-hp, 2.0-liter engine is adequate at best. A choppy ride and a very noisy cabin further undermine the experience. Still, it retains the high seating position and some of the passenger-and-cargo versatility of its larger brand-mate. All-wheel drive comes only with the top-trim version, where the Outlander Sport competes with sportier and roomier SUVs such as the Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester, and even the regular Outlander. (Based on this...I'd go with the regular Outlander...it does handle well, has more HP and more back seat/cargo space...Surprised you can't find one...most of the Mitsu Dealers in my area in NJ & PA had a good amount of 2007-2012 used models...But again, check out the Nissan Rogue...it's a direct competitor to the Outlander and is a great crossover SUV ...or go with the Nissan Murano, if you've got more $$ to spend). One more thought: Looks like Mitsu may be positioning the Outlander Sport to compete directly with the odd looking Nissan Juke...same small size and both have around the same HP (148 or so).