My driver side power seat adjustments aren't working

Asked by Jun 29, 2014 at 09:24 PM about the 2011 Ford Edge SEL

I have electric power seats, and mt passenger side seat works fine, but the driver's side seat acts like the power cord has been unplugged.  No matter what I push, no sounds happen and nothing moves.  I did recently have the car detailed, so is there a place to "plug in" the power?

Yes under seat you will see wiring harness,check plug,as you say.

I appreciate the help! Just one more thing - there are a bunch of wires under there. Which one controls power TO the unit?

There should be a plastic plug in harness,check it for loosness.

Passenger side work,s there is fire,it run,s both of them.

It's not the plug, it's the seat track, and extremely expensive to fix. Ford will not recognize the problem and help pay for the damage. We can't move the seat forward and now the seat is leaning backwards, so if someone hit you, you could break your neck! Costing almost 2,000, and the car has 41,000 miles. Thanks ford, I will never buy another one!

Try fuses. Number 7 in panel. It operates mirrors and driver seat

My 2011 Ford Edge SEL has a similar situation, without the bent track. The seat back was stuck all the way laying back and won't come up. Check the harness into the seat back motor and checked the main harness under the seat. All is fine. Checked fuse #23 in the main fuse box (drive seat control) and not blown. I have read a lot on the forums about this, but can't seem to narrow it down to the edge. Any thoughts anyone?

I'm having the same problem with my 2014 edge. did u ever solve the problem?

It was the switch on the seat. 275 bucks on Make sure it's the 10 way switch.

My issue was the #23 30A Fuse in fuse box under the hood. The #7 Fuse inside car near drivers foot panel was fine. As soon as I replaced the #23 30A Low Profile JCase Fuse it worked again. Goodluck.

My problem on 1998 Ford Explorer is a plastic tube of special shape that allows the seat belt clasp to ride with the seat. The plastic is bent just enough to trap the seat belt clasp at the rear end of its travel. When the seat tries to move forward, it jams on this plastic guide. Havent done it yet, but obvious easy replacement is to remove the driver seat belt bolt (huge torx) and then, I assume, remove and slide on a new plastic guide. I hope to do this in future. Meanwhile just don't move the seat to the full rear position. In the center of the photo is the slight crease in the track that catches on the metal car, left when it tries to move forward beyond the crease (it is now well forward, ie. left of the crease).

My 2012 Edge seat would not go back up. Would continue to go back, but not up. I moved the seat all the way forward and up, to get access from the rear of the seat. I located the connector that controls the seat back (gray connector with a black wire and a blue wire) I unplugged it and pushed the wires forward, to make sure they were seated securely in the connector and plugged it back in. This solved the issue; at least for now.

You may also might try to jiggle or push down hard on the reclining lever while trying recline the seat up while pulling forward on the seat back. This worked for me twice. I think I will HAVE to replace the seat switch some time in the future but will try the wire pushing 1st. Thanks

On the ford seat switch, I sprayed wd40 on the switch and kept moving it to allow the wd40 to work in and now the seat moves fine hope it works for you