2010 Ford Escape lift gate hinges rotted off

2,820

Asked by Jul 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM about the 2010 Ford Escape XLT 4WD

Has anyone seen this? The hinges that hold the glass in the rear lift gate have
basically corroded into a powder and snapped. Ford of Canada will not cover it because
it's not being recalled. In fact, they said they have never heard of it before. I've
researched the issue on-line and can't find where it's happened to anyone else

Bratts

23,785

Ok. So are you looking for a good glass shop?

2,820

Hi Tracy, The work I can do myself. I'm just looking for answers Bratts

23,785

I haven't seen this failure in our County fleet either. We have about 30 of them. Sounds like something corrosive got on there - it's just pot-metal. Maybe Ford had a bad batch from their supplier of hinges. Hard to say. Don't expect any help from the manufacturer - they're in business to sell parts.

60

Happened to me just yesterday!

180

I have the same problem with my 2010. They haven't snapped yet but the corrosion from them running down the glass is making a big mess. I can't understand why Ford hasn't recalled these as I have noticed the same problem on many Escapes in my area. Granted the road salt in Michigan is likely the cause it should have been something they considered when designing it for sale to the northern states.

80

My 2009 had this happen too.

420

2010 escape with the same problem. Ford said "not our problem". 5 year/unlimited mileage corrosion warranty must mean something else at ford.

40

Just had the same problem on an '10. Driving down the highway and it almost flew off...just hanging by one hinge and the strut. When I went to the dealer, service said, there is no recall, parts said..."we've never heard of this happening before"...but they also added.."but we have sold a lot of hinges". I guess if you tell everyone that complains that they are the "only one"...then they will all go away and things will be swept under the rug. The fact that they had a recall on this, dated back to 2002 and they continue installing exactly the same part...means they just don't give a s**t.

420

Did the work myself, it was not a hard job. There is a good video on youtube. If you live in Canada buy your parts at Mazda not Ford... Exact same part $96 + tax, not Fords $165 + tax.

160

I have the same problem with my 2009 Escape. And, Ford Canada does not recognize this as a problem. With mine, the dealership cannot get the little post on the hinge out of the window so I will have to pay for a new window as well as the hinge. Total cost is over $851.00!!!!

160

TMB2 - I don't think is has anything to do with road salt as only one hinge seems to have the problem on any vehicles I have seen. I have noticed this problem on approximately 20 or 30 Escapes in the past 3 or 4 months. They are all 2009's and 2010's - as far as I can tell.

180

A info for ford, we recently had some rear end body work done on our 10. I asked the body shop about the corrosive hinge problem and was told it is a very common problem with escapes. He further stated that whenever they need to replace the glass in the rear hatch on these vehicles, more times than not, they have to replace the hinges that fall apart when they try to remove them. And ford continues to say its not a common problem!

160

Thanks for the info TMB2!

160

Has anyone noticed how Ford has overcome this back window/hinge problem? They now make the Escape with a back window that does not open! How clever! Now why did they do that -hmmmmm?

10

For your info I have the same problem with liftgate hinges. It is such a extended problems that even most scrapward cannot keep up the demands for those hinges. They are like santa Claus you think it exist but cannot find it. Other problem that I have encounters with liftgate is the defrost pattern quitting on me. I have 2 Ford Escape (bothe 2009) and the defrost worked only on 2 lines in the middle, was able to pass under warranty (58,000 km). But 2 years later both my Escape has the same problem, so twice for one of them. Must be a lot of poeple out there with same problem. It is a safety issue in the winter.

80

My one back window hinge just broke in half. Here in Canada they cost $160 each hinge!! Ford should issue a recall due to the amount of Escapes dealing with this problem. Funny in 2012 they changed he problem!!!

70

Mine just went on the rt side on my 2010 ford escape. Ford should recall this part.

70

2008 Escape... Same problem with both window hinges.

50

2009 Mariner - left rear hinge disintegrated; right one is not far from failing. Cheapest price found for 2 replacements so far: $190.

20

Both hinges on my rear hatch window are rotting off my 2010 escape.I'm not happy about this....

20

I had this happen on my 2010 Escape and Ford replaced the hinges under my extended warranty to my dealers surprise.

20

It is definitely a corrosion problem. My dealer advised Ford is reporting problems in states that use road salt. Were I live streets are white in the winter and it was from the road salt not from snow. Can't entirely place the fault with Ford were I live. The cheap state NY destroys the taxpayers cars as they wont use the a non corrosive alternative like they use in your Europe that works better.

180

I replaced one hinge about a year ago and now I have to replace the other side. I don't think it is an isolated problem.

180

My ford escape in a 2005

180

Has anyone had a problem with the rear tire wells rusting in same spot on each side? Here in Ohio I have seen on several Ford Escapes rusting in the exact some spots as mine.

40

I just had my hinge rot in half today, looks like about 60.00 for a new hinge. I had to drill out the old Allen screw with a 1/4" bit because of the corrosion. And yes to the other question on the rear wheel well, but Ford replaced that area 2 months before my 2009 warranty ran out. The passenger side wheel well was totally rusted through. More bad metal. Next problem is brake rotors warp easily. Lucky if you get 15,000 miles out of them.

10

I have a 12 escape and the hinge has been looking corroded recently so I planned on getting them replaced. Well before I could I went to open the window tonight and it snapped and crumbled in my hand. So right now it's held on by one hinge. I called the dealer and even tho I purchased the extended warranty it's not covered. It's wear and tear apparently! Oh and the service tech asked if I had duck tape to hold it until they could get to fix it. Ummm no you can fix it tomorow!

75

I discovered the same failure on my 2002 Ford Escape yesterday. The price quoted by the dealer to replace both lift gate hinges is 2x$120 (parts) + $90 (labour) + $42.90 (HST) = $372.90. The bolt on the right side hinge sheared flush to the glass. I managed to push the glass up into place as a temporary measure. See photo. I purchased the vehicle t 1/2 years ago and am not sure if this is an original hinge.

40

The price sounds about right, I ended up paying 90.00 per hinge. The newer the vehicle the more they wanted for the hinge.

75

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBitLBx5_RU I found the above YouTube video showing replacement of lift gate hinges.

30

I have the same problem on my 2008 Ford Escape. I noticed the left hinge had a small crack 2 weeks ago and today both of them look like they're gonna fall! Salt on roads (note: today is June 29)? Yes we live in Canada! If Ford can't build cars that can handle our winters, they just shouldn't sell them here! Now, I have to drive 120km to the nearest dealer, will my window hold on? Let's hope nobody gets hurt in the process...

10

This just happened to my 2009 Ford Escape!! Has there been any recalls for this?

160

Hi Patti There are no recalls. I phoned Ford Canada Customer Service a number of moths ago and was informed that they don't perceive this as a problem as there have no records that there is a problem! CS manager advised me if they get enough complaints they will look into this and possibly issue a recall. So, if anyone has had a problem I would suggest you phone Ford's head office (Canada or U.S.) and complain loudly & long!

40

I purchased a Ford Escape 2010 14 months ago, and the hinges are bleeding white gunk down the back window. When I bought the car only two lines worked on the defrost. The dealership marked where the breaks were with green tape, and they coincided with the white river running down from the hinge. Total cost....$800 for the window, and $500 for the hinges, that is Canadian dollars with tax. I think it is time Ford did a recall, and replaced the damaged windows as well as the hinges.

20

I have 2009 the drivers side just disintegrated and the passenger is starting too. Getting fixed today and it will be over $300 ridiculous.

30

taken my 2009 escape in next week 400.00 to replace both hinges this is just wrong notice new escapes have solved the problem and they no longer exist but we pay the price

10

Just noticed this on my 10'. Was cleaning the glass and there was this white streak going down the passenger side of the glass. So now I'm checking junk yards to see if they have the hinges. No fricking way am I paying over $100 for this!!

40

happened to me today. I bought my 2009 escape new. was not too concerned til I looked up the replacement cost even me doing the labor 40 year ford owner and I bought at least 10 new ones.This thing really disappoints me and questions my loyalty

30

same here I agree 400 with labour , they changed and do not have them on new escapes must have relaized they were garbadge

70

Anyone know if the mazda tribute rear hinge will work on a ford escape rear hinge? Mazda hinge is half the price!!!

30

Hey i have a 2008 and both of my hinges have rotted off and they are hard to come by without spending a small fortune there really outta be a recall

40

The right hang side hinge has completely rotted in two and the left is well on its way. I am having them both replaced tomorrow at the cost of $160/hinge plus labour. I will be writing to Ford to complain and encourage others to do the same.

20

This happened to my 2012 yesterday, on the driver side. It seems the pneumatic strut seized open, and it must have put pressure on the hinge. I just noticed white powdery stuff where the hinge broke.

10

This started happening to my 2010 Mercury Mariner so I was watching for other escapes, etc. Must have seen hundreds in a week. This is a COMMON problem.

20

We are bringing our 2009 Escape in for the replacement of both hinges. One of them litterally disintegrated and the other one is getting there. We called a number of scrap yards for parts and all of them told us not to waste our time and buy new parts as a lot of people are having the same problem. Total cost of repair $450.00 So Ford doesn't care about this abnormal problem and we don't care about Ford anymore. We, a family member with the same issue, and friends will not consider Ford in the future.

10

My 2008 mercury mariner has done the same but booth hinges disintegrated to a powder and now to learn they aren't interchangeable with any other type the only ones I find are 115 bucks a piece

50

GRAVRON, I just had the same thing happen to my 2002 Escape this week. On closer inspection I noted that only the bolt had disintegrated, the hinge was okay and still had good thread in it for the bolt. So I went to the hardware store and bought a pkg of three M6 X 1.00 X 12mm pan head, phillips head bolts for 67 cents! Works great !! OEM bolt is M6 X 1.00 X 10mm but you will probably need to add a washer to duplicate the OEMs hugh pan head. Hope this is useful to those whose hinges are still good but the bolts are not. My car is in VA so road salt corrosion is not much of a problem. BTW my hinges look the same as what you pictured so they are original (OEM) hinges.

10

Just happened to my 2002 Ford Escape. Of course when I called Ford of Stamford, CT. to ask about it, they wouldn't quote me any numbers whatsoever, eventhough I think they're pretty familiar with the problem which I described very clearly. I need to go in for a $179 diagnostic appointment first. Too bad for them, I was thinking about buying an Edge there this week, but that's not happening now.

20

My 2010 Escape rear hinges are corroding as well as about 7 out of 10 other Escapes I pass. I have also noticed a few Mazda Tributes. The price the dealer gave was over $800.00. No recall insight.

40

I solved the problem by buying a new Jeep. First new car other than a Ford in my 50 years of driving

40

Shouldn't be over 400.00 which is high. Take it somewhere else, the dealer will just rip you off even more. Worst case it takes an hour per hinge.

20

Same shit here in Québec Ford Escape 2009 with two rotten Hinge!

Mine just crumbled and broke off on my 2010 Escape on Christmas Eve. Then the dealer wants $150+taxes each just for the parts. Thanks Ford!!!!

10

I ended up getting just the broken one fixed. I went to a mechaninc down the road, not Ford. They got a new one (I believe it was from Ford) and installed it all for a TOTAL of $140. This is $40 less than just the diagnostic consultation would have cost me at the dealership.

10

Would anyone know if the hinges from the 2001- 2007 model would fit on a 2009 escape? It seems like they are a little cheaper! If not, any website you suggest to buy the parts for the 09!? Thanks

30

2008 Ford Escape and our hinges have rotted away also. The original ones were broken and back window shattered when closed normally. The replacement window is OK but hinges turned white and fell apart . window is now duct taped in place.

30

Exactly the same problem with my 2011 Escape. Ford must think everyone who has had this problem is an idiot and will believe the b.s. the dealership gives us "we haven't had any complaints". They are the idiots though, I will never buy another Ford again. If they had anyone with brains in management they would realize that saving maybe $100 to fix problem vs. losing future sales and buying themselves negative goodwill is a smarter idea. Guess they are too stupid to do the math.

10

Same problem with 2008 Escape. It IS a big problem yet Ford denies it - yet they never have them in stock. Has anyone bought the OEM parts online? Looks like they may be cheaper than a dealership. Just never sure what you will get when you order online!

20

I had this same problem with my 2008 escape. I did a little research and there actually was a recall for the 2002 model. I have contacted ford multiple times and no one can give me a straight answer. I have been contacting them for a year now. they said there isn't a recall on the hinges for any other model because they assumed the problem was corrected after the recall in 2002. I questioned that maybe my car was fitted with the faulty hinges and they still have not got back to me. They said that they would be happy to record my complaint and to keep my receipts if there ever is a recall.

30

Mine just broke off of my 2009 escape! It must be a problem! At $80-$103 to replace is ridiculous ! I will be calling Ford!

10

Ford won't do anything about it!! I've tried so hard, lol. They said its the first they've heard of the problem and in order to do a recall they have to have alot of complaints on the issue. (which they must not be keeping track of, because i have read about tons of people complaining to Ford) I have an '08 and my left one dissenegrated when i was closing my hatch and thank gosh i caught my window before it swung down. It's ridiculous, Ford really needs to take care of this problem. I've had all Ford's in my 15 years of driving and i will never buy another one. EVER.

10

1-800-392-3673 is the phone number. Maybe if everybody called and bugged the crap out of them about it, they might do something. I know I've called atleast three times already and called them out on their b.s. excuse of "we haven't heard of this problem before".

This happened Tony 2010 Ford Escape. What should have been an easy job but the hinge was so deteriorated my husband didn't have anything to hold onto to switch it out. The person at the auto yard said they cant keep them in stock. The dealership told us they had to backorder due to excessive replacement of these hinges. So, I would say Ford has heard of this issue. There should have been a recall!!!

10

Perhaps a letter or phone call from a class action lawyer might help Ford to the table,they know this is a problem and are just hoping it goes away !

20

Just happened to me! :(.

20

Happened to me on Sunday, May 15, 2016; 2005 Escape. Nearly knocked me out. I popped the lock to the glass, went to open glass door and damn thing fell; both hinges came off. Screws are corroded. Got quoted a price of close to $400, from the dealer, which is way more than the cost of the glass. Might have to call my State Attorney General's office and file a complaint. Had no idea that this was a huge problem. I thought this was an isolated case.

30

I CALLED FORD HEAD OFFICE AND THEY HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME NO ONE ELSE COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM i MEET A MAN AT THE SERVICE STATION AND HE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM HE SAID HE CALL FORD AND THEY TOLD HIM THE SAME THING NO ONE HAS EVER CALLED IN....I AM SO PISSED I HAVE A 2010 FORD ESCAPE AND ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME FOR THIS TO FALL OFF I AM SO UPSET THEY SHOULD RECALL THIS PROBLEM I LOOK ON THE HIGH AND I CAN TELL THIS SAME YEAR 2010 ALL HAS THIS PROBLEM ...WE ALL SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND HAVE THEM RECALL THIS ASAP.

10

I m in Canada and the same problem happened to my 2010 tribute. We should to push mazada/ford for a recall on it. It is a very common quality problem to tribute/escape and the manufacturer should take care of it, not the consumers!

10

I live in Mason Michigan. I have a 2010 Ford Escape with the rear window hinges severely corroded and stains running down the glass. I approached the service department at Fowlerville Ford with this problem. They also claimed that they were not familiar with this problem. My wheel covers are also badly deteriorated.

20

SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME... Both look awful but one just snapped and I was out of town, so had to duct tape it together...tryng to find the part to replace. will try to find two as the other one is just about falling off...WHY WONT FORD REPLACE, IT'S A DESIGN FAULT...

I have a 08 ford escape had the same problem. The lift gate hinges aren't cheap.I have to replace both. I have to have the 2008 hinges. .

same as my 2011 escape. we thought it was about the weather or the chemicals in car wshing. i dont know as to where i can buy

10

Happened on my 2008 a year ago. Was told the salt on our Chicago roads do this. Realize it's just another lie. Just had to spend $450 to fix another common problem--bad ignition switch. Also had to get power steering fixed ( that one was finally a recall), and $1500 for my a/c last summer. Never will own another Ford.

Yea mine also broke the screw broke right into there needs to be a recall on that bc u could be driving down the road and fall out on u.

50

05 escape, just happened to me. bolt holding hinge to glass corroded and came out. I fixed myself using parts bought at home depot. Total cost of fix $3.41. i did not take hydraulic lift arm for widow off. I opened tailgate, removed old bolt etc. drilled a hole trough lower hinge part, replaced with parts I bought. parts you'll need for each side(L&R) are: an m6-1.0x30mm pan head machine screw, m6-1.0 hex nut, 5/16" metal washer, (2) 3/16" neoprene washers, AJB 3/16 metal fender washer, and a 1/4"x1-1/4" neoprene rubber fender washer.

50

if you look up the actual bolt needed, it gives you the size but seeing that i went all the way through, i used a longer bolt

20

Driving on busy Interstate last night, 4yo in back seat, car seat of course. Loud noise, wind blowing throughout vehilce. 2008 Ford Escape, liftgate window fell out. The driver side hinge corroded. Actally broke in half, while driving. I noticed the corrosion 2 wks ago, but liftgate window still intact. Ordered replacement part, 2 days ago, but too late. Definitely a SAFETY ISSUE. Luckily vehicles behind me, where far enough behind, the avoided the glass shattered as it hit the pavement.

Happened to my 2008 Ford Escape yesterday! Was able to find both left and right replacements at an autowrecker, and have been trying to install but I can't get the old bolts off the glass - both bolts are stripped!

10

2009 Escape in central NY -both hinges rotting out. Driver side far worse. Scraped and cleared out pot metal that was turning to paste and repaired with JBWeld @4mos ago. Starting to degrade again, so need to replace. Hinges made from substandard material and should be recalled. If doors were falling off for same reason there would be a recall!

10

2003 Escape just purchased. Opened back window & the right window hinge broke & the right side of the window hung down. We were able to push the glass back up and we got it to lock back in place for now. Until we can get the latch repaired. Thanks for the info. I will be calling Ford.

20

2010 FORD ESCAPE Same story here almost lost my glass when I lifted and hinges both broke. Should most definitely be a recall, every escape from same era I see on the road in my area has the same deterioration and white streaks on glass. Ontario Canada.

10

2009 Mercury Mariner Premire just happened to me as well. It just eroded out of no where and shattered when I shut my rear lift gate. Luckily caught the window. Should absolutely be a recall.

10

2011 For Escape and mine are corroding now too! Where is the recall on these!?!

40

My 2012 Escape had the same problem. Left liftgate glass hinge broke in two. Right hinge in bad shape and the only thing holding the widow in place. I called the dealer in Cleveland and they said $400 for parts/labor. I bought the hinges from the dealer ($125 apiece)and installed myself...great video I'll include here. It was pretty easy, but you need a torque wrench(Harbour Freight $21), an 11mm deep socket, and a T30 star head. The torque rating is 97 in/lbs....this is crucial so you don't break the glass. I called Ford customer service and talked to Fernando who was indifferent about the whole thing. He said(like the dealer)unless a recall happens, save your receipt and Ford will reimberse you. Lets get a class action lawsuit going. This is a safety issue. I plan on writing Ford and my Attorney general...Ford sucks...here's the link...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBitLBx5_RU

No recall unless there are enough formal complaints made directly to Ford ! Calling your lawyer or the attorney general won't help!

My right side hinge broke today thank God in my driveway call my local Ford dealership they want $114 for one hinge I told the parts manager that would not work for me holding the window In place now with a ratchet strap do not want to see it come off and hurt someone it would be a shame if it did come off and someone got hurt maybe Ford would do something about it then. Until then I guess I'm going to be shopping for two new hinges.

10

I have a 2010 FORD Escape. This just happened to me in a parking lot today as I went to put my groceries in. Clearly this should have been a recall after reading so many Escapes have the same problem. Bought 2 clips and did them both as the one on the right would have to be done shortly anyway. Paid $153 for both parts and did it myself. Quite simple actually. Took about an hour.

10

i have the same problem the rear window hinge rotted out the other one is on its way out, and the wiper blade motor died. 2010 Ford Escape. Called the customer service hotline got told yes the vehicle year is under warranty but because there is over 110kms on it im SOL. Got to say that it made my decision to by another Ford very easy. I can understand if it was part of the engine that went but something that is 6 years old should not burn out like the motor on the rear wiper, or rot out line the back hinges both those things can go by just sitting in the driveway

30

I am so pissed off I see so much Ford Escape on the Hwy and I can't imagine they would not recall this problem. They are waiting on the window to fall off and injure someone and then it's going to be major problems. I call every year and ask mine is getting really bad and in Canada either the cold weather I'm so sared it's going to fall out on the highway. I was quoted 300 for one side I cannot afford it so I would wait hopefully it don't hurt anyone let's keep the messages coming

10

My hinge is gone its being held on with wire. I think this is BS I walked into the Ford Dealership and when I talked to the guy at the counter he said that one of the service area employees has a 2012 and already had to replace his. I felt like saying that’s nice he doesn’t have to pay the same amount that I have to pay he friggin works here so him replacing it most likely only cost him about 15 bucks and an hours worth of his time when he was on lunch and breaks. It doesn’t even have anything to do with the money it’s the principal of the fact that they are hiding behind the number of kilometers on the vehicle to determine the warranty. I’m sorry the number of kilometers does not have any bearing on how old the body of the vehicle is and how old the parts that are attached to it are. I can understand if it was something to do with the drive train transmission ect but no this is a hinge that is attached to a body of a 6 year old vehicle or 7 if you want to get technical that the vehicle was released in mid 2009. I am also having the same issue with the motor for my rear wiper that has gone as well again its not part of the engine transmission or anything it’s a 6 year old part it shouldn’t have died either.

30

We have to do something about it we can write and write and nothing g is going to be done we all have to send individual letter to ford this is dangerous we are. Ring proactive but they are not. Hopefully no body gets hurt while driving

10

Well just got off the phone with the ford company of Canada in regards to the back hatch window hinge corroding and degrading and being a safety issue. I live in Canada and I know there are a lot of places in the states with the same issue I mean the last time I checked snow, ice and salt and plastic do not mix so putting plastic on a vehicle they should know that this should or could happen. I was told that there was nothing that can be done at this time. He told me that when I go out and get it fixed to hold onto the receipt and if they ever get enough complaints to warrant putting out a recall that they might reimburse me for the cost of replacement and install. So apparently there are not enough “known complaints” other then the thousands I have noticed online from people across Canada and the US that have all said the same thing. I m sure I’m not the only one that has called about this even though they are making it sound like I am the first one that has ever complained.

my ford 2009 escape has the same problem. the first connector that failed was for the wiper about 4 months ago, about 30 days ago the passenger side hinge failed and the driver side is close to failing. Ford's refusal to recall will make the responsible for punitive damages if the glass falls out while the vehicle is being driven and causes an accident to another vehicle, lou.

56,805

Just a suggestion but if it is possible to paint the metal hinge part in epoxy paint you might get the hinges to last longer. If the bolts are a problem then replace them with stainless steel.

20

Just happened to me too. I have a 2010 Ford Escape.

40

I contacted Ford and got the same answer as above...hold on to your receipt...I bought the hinges from the dealership and installed myself...there is a good youtube vid out there...I had to buy a torque wrench at harbor freight, but the install was not that bad...all you commenters here contact Ford and file a complaint...you can do it over the phone...

10

I own 2003 Escape, daughter owns 2001, mother-in-law owns 2008. I have replaced both hinges on all 3 escapes. My daughters glass fell out while driving and my mother-in-laws one hinge broke. Called dealer wanted $160 a hinge and told me the same thing never heard of this problem yet ordered 6 hinges over the last 10 months. Ford pull your head out of your third point of contact and recall this.

20

I made these for a Mazda, I just got a Ford come in yesterday with the same problem. I charged $200.00 CND for the set. I figured that was a pretty fair price considering they only take a hour to make them. I made them out of T6061. I reused the hinge pin and the bolts.

10

This is a common problem with not only Ford or Mazda. Any vehicle with rear glass hinges tend to have the same issue. I've worked for Ford, GMC and KIA Motors. All of which had the same issue. Best and only way avoid this is to keep the hinges clean by regularly rinsing them out. Hope this helps. Cheers!

75

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBitLBx5_RU. --- The preceding URL provides a video showing how to change the hinges. The first time I posted this URL it was concatenated with the text that preceded. Copy and paste the URL into your browser to view the YouTube Video.

OK.....I HAVE A 2012 ESCAPE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND I WAS TOLD $410 plus tax. FORD NEEDS TO OPEN THEIR EYES AND TAKE ACTION. THIS IS A SAFETY PROBLEM!!! DO WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS INJURED???

I had my hinge completely snap off my 2009 escape and window was hanging by one hinge. Luckily this happened while I was putting items in the trunk. Now I have duct tape until I figure out where to go a replace it. It'll not be at FORD. This is ridiculous!!!!

Yes, this happened to me last summer. Glass fell out and luckily did not break. Unfortunately, when fixed, the mechanic and glass fitter were unable to re-attach the rear defog. Unless I replace the whole window and not just the hinges, I have no rear defog.

10

2011 Escape here... left hinge corroded away to nothing and just snapped, window hanging by one hinge. Sounds like I'm on my own.