Does anyone know if the seats can easily be swapped out bettwen the '05' Vibe verses an '09' GT?? Or what other interior parts can be swapped if posssible...??

95

Asked by Jun 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM about the 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT

I owned and praised and loved my Bright Red '05 Vibe - aka "Aloha"....  We were recently rear ended and it was considered totaled because it was high mileage, but in better shape before the accident than I've seen in some newer models. :( So I'm looking at an '09' model GT and would really like to keep my beautiful black leather seats over the "GT" embossed half leather. But I'd like to get everything I can swapped out because it was in such amazing condition, before they take to off to auction.

1,275

I'm pretty sure the 2nd gen Vibes are built on a completely different platform than the original. I'm sure you could take the seat brackets from your '05 and have them modified or make new brackets for a new vibe but I doubt they will bolt right in without modifying. I had a 2003 Vibe that I bought brand new. I had her for 8 or 9 years and it was absolutely flawless, not a single scratch on it. I also had ~$8000 into suspension and performance mods as I used to race it in autoX events. Like yours, mine was taken from me by some stupid girl texting who turned left in front of me at intersection and I hit her head on at around 50mph. Didn't even have enough time to move foot to brake pedal. She also had a 2003 vibe...but because mine was 2.5 inches lower than stock it went under hers and pushed my engine into firewall and totalled mine out....hers was repairable...insurance tried to give me $2000 less than blue book because of the mileage but like you said, mine was pristine and I faught them tooth and nail : ( Good luck with your new Vibe. Always remember, with drivers getting worse and worse its better to drive like an A-Hole than to lose your car from someone elses stupidity.

95

Sorry for your loss Paul. Here is the outside....

95

But the inside.... That sealed her fate. It kills me because it otherwise wasn't bad!! I just hope maybe she can breath life into some other Vibes with all her still usable parts....

1,275

My insurance TRIED deducting a lot of money actually now that I think about it from accessories I removed after the accident. I had to fight them and give them some of the stuff back to get my deserved payout. With that said, if you do take stuff off of the car be VERY careful what you take off and pay close attention to the insurance company's appraisal to ensure you're getting what you should be getting from them. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, did your back seats get bent forward where the two halves that fold own are split?

95

I don't mind, no the seats were both laying down flat before the accident so it didn't effect them at all. They are the most comfortable seats I've ever known, too! Nearly 10 years old and still looked and smelled like new! It wouldn't have taken much to swap the 2nd gen rear seats but I didn't have the time to give it a shot before they needed to take the old one to the chopping block so to speak. I liked the 1st gen rear seats a LOT better. Because of the two piece system and how the bottom slid out a hair as the top folded down, they seemed to sit a lot better when down. But that's what we get when we leave Toyota to do it all on their own....

1,275

Agreed. American manufacturers have yet to grasp the concept of interesting and qualithy interiors. Even the exotics have sad disappointing interiors. They are too worried about making money from and catering solely to the average boring personality lacking consumer in this country, that they completely disregard the true enthusiasts and thus never gain any signifficant fan following. Even the european land australian lines from the big three sometimes have much better appearances and performance trims available.

95

I was fresh out of the military and used my severance pay to get a used ford escort wagon, which i didn't mind at the time for the price, but three days after i bought it i was t-boned by a lady in the middle of an intersection. I ended up with an 04 vibe for a little over a month. lol i was finally able to afford one for my self with an amazing deal on a pride and job of a car and a year later.... POOF!! Be gone!! lol it's heart breaking lol so I'm in an 09 gt now and for the most part is ok as a car as far as the generational changes, but this one in particular has a bad water leak behind/underneath the dash.... GRR!! It was run hard and dumped as a trade in. but I'll bring it back around. The biggest complaint is the whole reason a toyota matrix would never satisfy me is that it's twice the price for half the features and a quarter of the quality. The 09-10 models were all but done by toyota alone because of the pontiac corporate crumble. those were sad days. lol

1,275

Ugggggh. You know, I hate saying this but I. Have lost faith in the human race. You can't own anything nice anymore because some other idiot will take it away from you. The driving skill of people in this country is beginning to fall to the extremely low level to that of Russia or some other place where drivers training seemingly doesn't exist. Are you sure it's a water leak in your new vibe and not coolant? Usually if the heater core is punctured or leaking it will leak into cockpit area from under dash. If it is water, I would pull up the carpeting to the bare metal and there will be a bunch of plastic or metal plugs about size of a half dollar. They are in place to drain water out of cockpit if it pools in the floor. If one of those plugs was removed or knocked out, water from under the car can splash up into floor from outside. Also check the firewall with flashlight both inside under dash board and outside behind engine. The wiring harness passes through the firewall in a bunch of places. If a seal or wireboot was cut or removed for any aftermarket accessories or a stupid repair shop, water can splash up and enter in through the gaps there.

95

Well, water leak was simple enough. The condenser line was plugged. Took me all of 5 mins to fix and most of that was pulling up the carpet lol. Next little bit of fun is going to be unplugging the seatbelt/air bag sensors and fixing the volume knob on the stock radio. I'd really like to stay stock to keep the originality to it, because it's not a bad system, but.... if I decide to put any real mods on it the stereo would have to upgrade, too lol. but for now the only way I can turn it up is by the controls on the steering wheel. I'm sure i can repair it if i take it out and actually look at the break but i haven't gotten to it yet.

1,275

Well that's good it was an easy fix haha. I refused to buy an aftermarket stereo for my vibe. They all seem so flimsy and cheaply made. Unfortunately I had to replace the factory radio 3 times under waranty and twice out of waranty for malfunctioning issues with cds grinding and the display going out. I didn't get moon and tunes package so I just had regular non amped door speakers but I added in line tweeters and a HUGE painted fiberglass box that engulfed the entire hatch area with 2400 watt 12" subs and 800 watt 6x9's and swtock stereo faired fine as far as supporting all of it.

95

I wanted to put a small box with twin 10's in the first gen but never got around to it. The design i had allowed them to be against the backs of the rear seats or slid to the back of the front seats if the rear ones were folded down. but the stock tweets and additional 8' in the rear of the 2nd gen gt work pretty nicely so far. The car was rode pretty hard by its last owners so i wouldn't be surprised if i have to replace any number of them in the near future. My old one had an aftermarket deck when i bought it, a nice little sony that is now in my fiancee's work van.

30

Theresa, check your AC hoses under the dash. I just posted to a similar problem where I had a mfr defect in one of the hoses that caused water to leak behind the dash.

95

yup, thanks. But already fixed lol took less than 5 mins other than the time spent draining. I wanted to slap my forehead when i realized that's all it was. but again, thank you!

Theresa, could you call me right away? MY # IS 360 942 7385. I am going to purchase an 05 red Vibe in the NJ/PA area today. The dent in your pic matches the car that I might buy and I want to get history on it to make sure I am not getting a bad deal from the seller. Thanks!

95

Enjoy your Vibe Charity!! God Bless you and your family!