how do i find out what my project 68 camaro is worth....

Asked by Jun 03, 2012 at 06:18 PM about the 1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS

tic tac dash, multi leaf springs, 4 piston caliper brakes, disk , in front ,paint code is 00....( double zero). was told it couldn't be a plain jane cause of paint code ..if anything an ss....

45

anywhere between $3500 to $6000 depending on body condition and engine.

135

Not sure where you are seeing the double zero, but this is not the paint code. VIN # does not have paint code. You have to look at the Trim plate on the cowl just above the master cylinder. Link below will help you decoding info for Camaro's. James http://www.chevy-camaro.com/

1,045

well if u painted it in accordance to that paint code and gave it a close to original restore (wheels, brakes being the main custom part) they bring around 25,000 only 5% of any camaro ever made had that paint code which was copper exterior and black interior

1,045

btw any driver quality 68 camaro will bring at least 15,000 now-a-days, people love the camaro and would gladly pay that for a running SS

3,235

chevy didn't make the 4 piston calipers in 68. most likely aftermarket. all camaros have leaf springs, see if you have the number x33 or x77 or model #12437 on the cowl tag , (the tag on the firewal) what engine is in it?

camaros are going for good money today , depending on the condition and originallity they can go anywhere from 5000 to 75000.

55

Look at others, there is no hard facts on what collectors are worth. If you want to sell it, it would depend on your market how many people can see it and who has the money. Search around at others in similar condition and set your own price for what you think is fair. For example I had a 1968 Mercury Cougar 302 2v completely original with few things wrong with it, it needed a new paint job and one spot on the interior needed to be fixed, with only 42K original miles. Numbers wise worth about 15 thousand or more. I sold it for 3500 because that was the best I could get in my area, also it was a sob story (some guy spent his kids college fund, the car was a sort of apology, as I was leaving for college I felt bad for the kid.) Anyway, a car is only worth as much as someone will pay for it.

3,235

1st generation Camaros are right up there with 65 GTOs if its a real SS it goes for big bucks . I just sold my 65 GTO for 4 grand all it had was a motor & tranny ,no drivers side quarter panel,no trunk, no trim ,no back seats and a broken windshield. & i swapped out the posi rear end for a one legger. you cant compare a cougar to a camaro .

It was either a SS (super sport) or z-28 if you had the tic tock tach. Look for an exhaust hanger on rear driver side near gas tank indicating dual exhaust. The brake calipers if 4 piston and original are JL 8 brake calipers. These are rare and expensive option. Check to see if the gas line (hard line) from tank to front of vehicle 3/8" and not 5/16" indicating a low hp (2bbl carb) v8 or six cylinder. First # 's 0n cowl tag indicate engine 124 = v8 123 = 6 cyl. If original tach has 6000 rpm redline this also indicates 375 hp 396 or 290 hp 302, = SS or z-28. Not set in stone but if equipted with these options there is a good chance of it being an orginal performance model. Values of these models restored in original condition are worth up beyond 45,000 +

i just found a website that should help you out a bit, gmmediaarchives.com, 68rat nice handle , i just got rid of my 68 rat motor a 396 that came with my lemans .

Your 00 paint code means it was special ordered with the Corvette Bronze Metalic paint and since it did not have a vinyl top, the upper color was the same as the bottom. My car has the 0 code as well, but I have a black vinyl top.

Your "Multi"leaf springs would indicate an SS, or Z/28. If they were "Mono"leaf springs, then a base model Sport Coupe.

Is this your car???