replacing in-tank fuel filter

90

Asked by Oct 02, 2010 at 08:55 PM about the 2008 Kia Spectra EX

The fuel pump and filter assembly appears to be held in place in the tank with a large metal ring with 8 small holes in it. How do I get the old filter out of the tank?

is the pump on top of the tank or on the bottom? if its on top you would have to drop the tank. if its on the bottom drain the fuel and take the bolts off remove the pump and filter and replace

90

I already accessed the assembly by removing the rear seat and the cover plate on top of the tank. Do I turn the steel ring with the 8 holes in it to access the fuel pump and filter?

first unhook your battery,take a hammer and screwdriver and bump the ring around until you can remove it then you can pull the sending unit out,be careful to watch how you remove the pump put it back the same way,then put the ring back in and tighten the way you took it out.be sure you hook the wires right,this is a DANGEROUS job if you havent done it before,MAKE SURE THEIR IS NO BEAR WIRE EXPOSED BEFORE YOU PUT IT BACK IN THE TANK,their is 2 black looking small hoses with the new pump,slide them over the wires of new pump before you hook the wires up slide the hose like things over the wires,use a lighter and heat them ,DO NOT BURN THEM they will shrink tight around the wires & DO NOT USE BLACK TAPE TO WRAP THEM.just take your time and be careful.also rember to put the rubber ring gasket around the opening of tank before reinstalling.

90

Do I have to do all that with the fuel pump if I'm only changing the fuel filter?

I thought you were changing the fuel pump,if you just changing the fuel filter,all you have to do is get under the rear of the car,the fuel filter is on the fuel rail close to the gas tank.5 minute job.

10

In a 2.0 4 cylinder the fuel filter is in the gas tank with the pope how do you change the fuel filter with that one question not answer