engine shut off

icfresh46
5

Asked by Aug 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM about the 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

my engine shut off while i was at the stop light.
it almost did the same while i was on the freeway and then the power kicked back in. what could be the issue......now the service engine soon light is on so is the slip and vdc light as well.
please respond im new here. i also just ordered new dash kit to cure the climate control issues

ndpndntqwen
200

I have a 2006 G35 Sedan and the same thing happened to me. I called Infinity and they said it sounds like the Idol Control Speed something. I was looking for an answer for the same problem... The service soon engine light stays on but the slip and vdc lights only come on after the car shuts its self off.

prowlerman2695
175

Hey, Hopefully this can help you out. Before you go dumping a lot of money into the car, take the hose off from your air filter to your throttle body, look at the throttle body and see if it is clean. If it is not take the throttle body off and get some brake cleaner or something along those lines and clean it up. Also, along with that, i would change your fuel filter as well to make sure your fuel lines are clogged. In all this should cost less than $40, or less depending on what a new fuel filter cost. Some times serious problems can be fixed pretty cheap and easy.

Johni Silva
130

My engine shut off

Cg24
80

My car is having the same issues, did you find a solution to the problem?

Anthony Rivera
20

I am experiencing the same issue and its because of a Cam position sensor, I changed bank 2 and its doing the same thing, i will change bank 1 as well to see if this finally resolves this issue.

ron151754
75

When you put gas in these cars you can't leave the car running or top off the tank. They will cut off and the check engine will come on. Take the negative cable off to reset it. That's what happen to me. Hope this helps

lrials
20

I turned the car off and then got gas. When I got back and tried to crank it, it would not start. HELP

Alexandra Lavinia
20

Hey guys....i have a G35 2003 sedan AT...I experienced the same problem with my g.....driving on the freeway engine will shut off and turn back on instantly with the check engine light on and the slip light and vdc as well...slow moving with 10 m/h and while i was trying to park ,my engine stopped working and i had to wait a few minutes to start back up....i found a video on youtube that shows us how to reset ECU and with that you also delete errors lights from the dash...here is a link.... https://youtu.be/95WszTnphPI ... that guy has a g37 but if you do it at the same time with him...it will work... Try this to reset ecu first...if you guys have the same problem again try to find out the codes for the errors...there is a bank 1 camshaft and a bank2 camshaft errors...buy the sensors only from OEM brand new!!!! All this should solve this problem!!! Good luck !!!

ari1969md
20

hey guys, i jut got a 2008 g35awd. while i was driving on a highway at 30 miles, engine went dead, all lights were on,,, i managed to parked on the side and was able to turn it on again, ,,, infiniti dealer said that it can be the gas pump or cramshaft and maybe there's not ground somewhere. I took it back to the dealer and it's not happening again. I hate it because i don't want to crash when am driving 80 mph. Let me know if you find what is causing this please.. ari1969md@yahoo.com

man7076
0

I had the same issue. The fix is to replace the camshaft position sensor. Easy fix you tube it. Part costs $100.

SQUARE357
0

This might correct your issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=8zhjti0MJAM