engine shut off

5

Asked by Aug 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM about the 2003 INFINITI G35 Sedan

my engine shut off while i was at the stop light.
it almost did the same while i was on the freeway and then the power kicked back in. what could be the issue......now the service engine soon light is on so is the slip and vdc light as well.
please respond im new here. i also just ordered new dash kit to cure the climate control issues

240

I have a 2006 G35 Sedan and the same thing happened to me. I called Infinity and they said it sounds like the Idol Control Speed something. I was looking for an answer for the same problem... The service soon engine light stays on but the slip and vdc lights only come on after the car shuts its self off.

215

Hey, Hopefully this can help you out. Before you go dumping a lot of money into the car, take the hose off from your air filter to your throttle body, look at the throttle body and see if it is clean. If it is not take the throttle body off and get some brake cleaner or something along those lines and clean it up. Also, along with that, i would change your fuel filter as well to make sure your fuel lines are clogged. In all this should cost less than $40, or less depending on what a new fuel filter cost. Some times serious problems can be fixed pretty cheap and easy.

180

My engine shut off

120

My car is having the same issues, did you find a solution to the problem?

30

I am experiencing the same issue and its because of a Cam position sensor, I changed bank 2 and its doing the same thing, i will change bank 1 as well to see if this finally resolves this issue.

75

When you put gas in these cars you can't leave the car running or top off the tank. They will cut off and the check engine will come on. Take the negative cable off to reset it. That's what happen to me. Hope this helps

40

I turned the car off and then got gas. When I got back and tried to crank it, it would not start. HELP

40

Hey guys....i have a G35 2003 sedan AT...I experienced the same problem with my g.....driving on the freeway engine will shut off and turn back on instantly with the check engine light on and the slip light and vdc as well...slow moving with 10 m/h and while i was trying to park ,my engine stopped working and i had to wait a few minutes to start back up....i found a video on youtube that shows us how to reset ECU and with that you also delete errors lights from the dash...here is a link.... https://youtu.be/95WszTnphPI ... that guy has a g37 but if you do it at the same time with him...it will work... Try this to reset ecu first...if you guys have the same problem again try to find out the codes for the errors...there is a bank 1 camshaft and a bank2 camshaft errors...buy the sensors only from OEM brand new!!!! All this should solve this problem!!! Good luck !!!

50

hey guys, i jut got a 2008 g35awd. while i was driving on a highway at 30 miles, engine went dead, all lights were on,,, i managed to parked on the side and was able to turn it on again, ,,, infiniti dealer said that it can be the gas pump or cramshaft and maybe there's not ground somewhere. I took it back to the dealer and it's not happening again. I hate it because i don't want to crash when am driving 80 mph. Let me know if you find what is causing this please.. ari1969md@yahoo.com

30

I had the same issue. The fix is to replace the camshaft position sensor. Easy fix you tube it. Part costs $100.

10

This might correct your issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=8zhjti0MJAM

20

I've been dealing with this for several months. I have replace ALL sensors and the throttle body assembly and still having a loss of power. Seems to do fine, then when my RPMs lower at a stop light it dies. Turns over. Dies. Same lights coming up on the dash.

10

Hey guys i have a 06 G35 coupe, mine has been dieing after i let it warm up a few mins then i can start it up then go down the road a few miles then itll die out again ill let it park for a few mins then itll be able to start up again im so stuck on this everybody, if yall have the magic answer lmk, and even right now it wont start up. My cell # is 540-493- 5733 text me what you think it is

My g35 was slow to start (a little longer than usual) and the vdc, slip, and check engine lights would all turn on. It would lose all power while driving sometimes and we would have to wait to get it started again. I got autozone to run the codes for the check engine light and it was the camshaft position sensor bank 2.

40

I am experiencing the same problems in my FX35 2005. I'll be driving and the tach flies up and down, engine shuts off and then back on. This happens while moving at top speeds. I've had my engine shut down while moving slow in traffic and at stop lights. The VDC and SLIP lights turn on. Sometimes it lags when trying to start up again. I'll be driving and boom, engines shuts off, while moving. I pop it into N and turn the key to get engine running again. I've had many parts replaced, $3000 into it and still have same problems. Can't get rid of the car cuz I still owe on it. Any solutions out there? Dealers say they are getting NO codes that anything is wrong with it.

30

I had issues with my 2004 g35. About 120k miles on it. Car would have trouble starting, only way to start it was to give it some gas. After about a few months car would stop accelerating while driving...but would pull over shut off and start up again and good to go. The solution was the replacing the cam shaft sensor. Which worked for a few months than same issues arose. I changed out the throttle body, and noticed a crack in the curved air intake hose/boot. So replaced the air mass meter boot. Could've probably duct taped the crack for a short term fix. But got the air mass meter boot at the dealership. Car has been good ever since, re- programing the computer was too difficult for me..but light went off after a few weeks of driving so maybe the computer learned on its own. Hope my experience helps.

I ve been told the g35 has to camshaft sensors. How do I determine with one is causing the problem

I'm having the same problem on my 2005 g35 but mines shit off while sitting there then wouldn't start back up but cranks but won't start now all the lights are on I keep trying to start it every once in a few I'm lost and about to cry please help....

5

I am having the same problem with my 2009 EX35. The engine shuts off while coming to slow speed and when cornering. I have to put the gear in N position so I can restart the engine again. Any definitive solution?

5

I got a g35x 2005 it does the same thing with the vdc and slip lights turn on and it shuts down while driving what can the problem be?