X5 e53 Airbag light {dealer no error code & erratic communication}

Asked by Dec 13, 2013 at 08:22 PM about the 2004 BMW X5 4.8is

my x5 has the airbag light on the dash, I ran it into the dealer hoping I would get the error
code confirmation, and the fault rectified, day 1 in the garage involved the first level of
simple checks (50 quids worth) with no fault showing, the Beamer garage test
instruments i have been advised show an indication of communication intermittence -
something I have not even come across on the world wide web.

Day 2 in the big brother dealer involves lifting centre console and seeing if they can
identify the fault (under 300 notesĀ£ worth) My concern is that this voyage of discover will
eclipse the value of the car. All of my research so far indicates that even faults with units
like the Airbag control module display fault codes

is it fair to say that I am paying for someones training schedule here - anyone come
across No fault, communication breaks, they cant talk to the airbag system units etc. I
mentioned could they not check replace the most common airbag units causing issues
such as side pasenger sensor, 'No' was the answer as the electronic unit we have
plugged in cannot communicate with these end units.

Is there a Brain system that handles the fault communications. Dubious because what i
have been told in the showroom I can not match on feedback on the web. Help... if its not
the centre console area then this could ramp up the costs like an out of control slot

these systems typically run "HOT" such is to say that if the fuse were pulled, the bag would deploy~...knowing that most mechanics are somewhat apprehensive about doing any real surgery on them...mostly is a seat weight switch that will enable the passenger seat airbag...they've been known to touch off by themselves...me mini cooper has the local Berkelely Motor Works all upset because it's tough to fix this problem...BMW put a bulletin out on this problem but the passenger side airbag causes a measure of trepidation everytime I drive this car~

Hector Irizarry Duval

in the E53, the fuse wont blow the airbags, if no codes on the diagnosis, maybe the airbag module is failed.

check the airbag (squib) connector part# 61129130178