Radio (stereo) stopped working

740

Asked by Apr 05, 2016 at 02:47 PM about the 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE

Radio stopped  working. Fuses are good. Clock will work and display when "Menu" is pressed. No other display. Will not turn on. Does not seem to have any power at ratio connector power pin.

100,915

If you see the menu and clock,there is and issue with the stereo it self.

740

I will repeat that I can see the clock only when the Menu button is pushed. The clock can be set. The stereo does not display any Menu functions and does not work. I also replaced the radio but the problem continues with the replaced stereo exactly. I suspect that there is no stereo power even though fuses are good.

1,560

I've got the same problem now how did you fix it

590

i also have the same problem Please some one help Music Is Life!!!!

1,560

I unplugged my battery for 5 minute & plugged it back in & then it worked

460

Does it affect the car if you unplug the battery

360

I've got the same exact problem. I tried doing the battery unplug but it still won't play music. Anybody figure this out yet?

250

It’s happened to mine too !! How do you fix it

650

It was in my problem a power supply problem. There are several power connections to the radio that are connected to the ignition switch through the steering column. There is a connector in the steering column that links the ignition switch to the radio connector. As it turned out for me, that connector worked itself loose eventually opening the start connection to the ignition relay. Reconnected that connector and everything worked fine. Took a long time to trace and included the purchase of a used stock radio/CD. I now have that one for sale.

1,050

GuruZQMYZ: Do you have a drawing on the ignition switch/steering column connection you can share? Can you provide a drawing showing the wire that supplies the power to the radio. I wish to troubleshoot by directly powering the radio by using a temporary fused DC12volt source. I tried all other above & failed to resolved the problem. Wife getting angry! No radio.....

620

Good morning everyone, I'm having exactly the same problem on a Fiesta !!! Is there any drawing available on the ignition switch/steering column connection? I'd like to troubleshoot this but can't find any way to get the good wire going to the ignition switch.

310

I replaced the radio unit with a used one that I purchased online. It only took about 1/2 hour. My problem was not in my wiring. The popping is one of the amplifiers on the ciruit baord going bad. It appears to be a commomn problem/ . So it may happen to me again.

620

Hi, Thanks for the info. What I'm gonna try is to connect the permanent 12 v wire to the one coming from the ignition like a bridge in the radio connection. That should tell me if the radio is dead or not. What do you think ?

80

I am experiencing the same problem for the 3rd time. Previously it corrected itself after a few days. Irritating and frustrating

620

Hello I had the same symptoms at the beginning. Sometimes the radio was functional and sometimes not. Then after a couple weeks, it died ! My concern is that I'm not so sure the problem comes from the radio itself. It could be made by a loose wire or from the ignition. I tried to get some info from the dealer. Those guys know nothing about it and won't help even if a lot of owners seem to have that kind of problem. We are on our own!!

190

This morning my radio just stopped working. It has the temputure showing and it just says Ford Focus. Also the weather out side dropped to 32 last night in Florida. Not sure how to fix it.

620

Hello again, Here is what I did during the weekend. I removes the radio and checked all wires. Both permanent and ignition 12V do come to the radio. The ground is ok too. I also have a permanent 3.8v which could be for the USB. Do, it seems that the radio itself is just dead. I'll try to open it next we. Now, I have to find another radio with the same reference: AA6T-18C815-DG also called Radio AHU with USB Have a great Sunday

300

Our Ford Focus 2012 radio stopped working about three months ago. Suddenly, this morning the radio is on again.Good thing we did not sink any money into it trying to get it fixed. Could cold weather be causing a fuse or connection problem?

550

my 2012 ford focus has the crackling pooping sound issue, got so bad it was doinf it with car OFF. i pulled fuse. has there been a response from ford?

550

my 2012 ford focus has the crackling poping sound issue, got so bad it was doing it with car OFF. i pulled fuse. has there been a response from ford?

620

Hello everyone I did give another call to the dealer just to get the price of a brand new radio : 352 Euros (I’m in France) but the guy told me to contact Ford France cause according to him, quite a lot of Fiesta seem to have that problem. Then, I gave a call to Ford and opened a file to try to get the problem solved for free. They should call me back sometimes but told me that even if the car has a 5 year warranty, the radio is not part of it. Let’s wait and see what happens next.

140

My 2011 Focus Titanium stereo, clock, bluetooth & handsfree has stopped working. The car cut out and needed new plugs and leads and hasnt worked since Fuses seem fine - any ideas please before Ford charge me the earth just to look at it

410

My 2013 Ford Focus is my first purchased vehicle; I purchased it just about a year ago. Four through six weeks of owning the stupid problematic vehicle from purchasing through a dealer shit and the radio dies... First stars out as the cracking, popping sound noises with screeching like a record player being toyed with, to no working at all. However, the date to year still works, and the clock. I can change the time if wanted and date however nothing else works on the panel. tried changing out the #5 fuses on the passenger side like I read online and still not working. Was informed when contacted dealership about this when it first started accruing and they want $900+ for the fix! Not paying that much on a fix for that little. Any other suggestion? Also the Bluetooth will still sink to my cellphone, however won't play. In addition, if anyone had advise please let us know what you have tried!

620

Here we are, job done by Ford. The dealer replaced my stereo on Friday and asked me to pay 45% of the total bill , Ford got the rest. So I have a brand new radio for 180 Euros and a one year warranty coming with it. Not too bad at the end on a car that is almost 6 years old. Cheers

160

My 2012 focus is having the same issue, clock, date, and temp only work. Speakers hum, crackle, and POP. With or without the key in it. I am going to drop it in the lake and see if that solves the problem, stay tuned... unless your in a 2012 Focus, look for smoke signals because that's plan B.

620

Our 2012 Ford Focus stereo has stopped working & the speakers have the popping cracking sound. Occasionally it bangs loud too. The cracking makes the sound even when thecar is off?? Does anyone know what the fix is? I dread taking it to Ford robe looked at.

190

It seems we are almost experiencing the same problem. My wife is driving a 2010 Fiesta Titanium, this morning the radio just stopped working. I checked the fuse, everything is fine. The clock, bluetooth, everything is dead, please help...

620

Was just told by my mechanic and not ford that my head unit is failing internally. This is clearly an issue with the radio. I made a huge complaint directly to Ford and not the dealership. This needs to be addressed by ford as a recall. Everyone needs to make a report directly to ford.

130

The radio has gone out on my 13 Ford Focus 3 times: Oct13, Mar17, Apr18. Local dealership replaced the first two times and refuses to the third time. I filed a BBB complaint against the dealer as they admitted installing faulty parts. I have since contacted Ford Customer Relations @ 1-800-392- 3672 to see if Ford will assist in an after warranty assistance as it is a reoccurring problem. With as many responses on this forum I would hope that corporate will issue a recall. I refuse to sink more money in this car. I wish I had never purchased it.

190

I have a 2013 Ford Focus. The last few months I get the crackle and shuts off. The radio just doesn’t come on at all but I still get the crackles and buzzing sound. Sometimes even after I shut it off. I’m the “working class” poor and between car payments insurance and rent I can’t afford to repair or replace this demon piece of crap. My car is possessed!! True story.

90

Friends daughter has a 2000 Ford Focus and the stereo is constantly flickering off and on. Presets seem to remain and clock doesn't reset so it would seem the power direct to battery is okay but something is loose. I've seen in here that people reference an ignition wire but not sure where that is or how to find it? Are there any wiring diagrams or YouTube video for this?

170

Same issue with our daughters 2013 Ford Focus. Popping loud noises, crackling, date/time still show but radio does not work, phone still connects to Bluetooth but can not hear anyone. Replaced with brand new radio and within a few months stopped working again. The dealership refuses to fix it again for free, claiming that it is not the radio but in fact an internal issue which will cost us yet again another $500. Even though the issue is the same issue had prior to replacing with a brand new radio. In short, the "new radio" was never the problem, to begin with. Ford needs to do a major recall on ALL 2013 Ford Focus models. These cars are garbage with one issue after another. The transmission recalls are just the beginning. Looking at trading it in very soon. Not worth the car payment or any additional money poured into it.

160

2014 Ford Focus SE, I have the same issue. It's getting progressively worse and even though my car is in-warranty I was told by Ford that radio isn't covered and they want $100.00 just to look at it. Originally the radio would randomly stop producing sound. Sometimes it would come back on in an hour or the next day. When the sounds stopped the radio also got weird... it had power and displayed the time but nothing else and when I pushed the power button it seemed to loop back, always showing the time and nothing else. As noted, it would then start randomly working again. Currently radio works occasionally but it's worse. Now the radio will present the above symptoms but sometimes starts to pop, crackle, and blast the sound of static from all the speakers. Sometimes if I push the power button the sounds will stop, other times it will not and also doesn't respond to volume. It's always loud, sometimes making my car undrinkable because of the loud awful sound. I'v noticed sometimes it's happens when the radio is powered off and even when my car is parked and no keys in ignition. I pulled the radio, opened it and saw no signs of damage on the boards and components which doesn't really confirm anything other than it's not an obvious issue. I also tried reconnecting the power cables and antenna a few times, issue persists. I'm not well versed in electricity but it seems to be a short or something as it frequently occurs when door is opened or shut or if I hit a bump in the road. Ironically, it began after I had my door hinges and clutch swapped per a couple recalls. Any thoughts on how to resolve?

300

I know this is an old thread but hopefully my info can still help someone. After some extensive research online, the problem with the 2012 Focus radio not turning on ( frozen blue squares) is the CD player. When you turn the radio on, it tries to initialize the CD player, when it cant, it freezes up. My car was doing the same thing, it would show the time, temp and frozen blue squares. So i removed the radio, just the silver box, not the monitor, I used a small torx screwdriver to remove the bottom panel of the silver box. Once the bottom panel was removed O pulled the gray ribbon cable loose from the connection inside where it attached to the CD player. Once disconected, I re assembled the silver box, and put it back in the dash. Turn the key on and it worked, and has worked ever since. I hope this tutorial helps someone out.

10

I have a 2012 ford focus same problem/ sounds like the speakers pop and then the radio doesn't work...nothing works cd phone going to call for today.

100

My 2012 Focus radio had not worked for probably three years. I found an old thread on another forum which advised removing the fuse and driving for a while before reinserting it. Nothing happened for about three weeks and then suddenly it began working again a couple days ago. The CD player is still not functioning and I'm honestly not expecting the radio to continue working for very long, but who knows? The fuses are located under the dash in front of passenger seat. Fuse number five I think, in the middle near the top. Ford won't issue a recall because it's not a safety issue, so maybe you can try this. Just remember to be very patient. Owning this car and dealing with the myriad problems associated with it have made me a patient person.

40

Hey happens to me yesterday...I removed radio cleaned up connections re installed and works again... bout a 20 min job... very easy to do.

90

I figured out what the problem was with my friends daughters stereo... previous owner had a toddler that apparently thought the cassette tape opening on the stereo would be a good place to hide $2.60, a hairpin, arm from a lego man and two hair ties. Removed these items and stereo now works fine.

200

I have a 2014 sedan S trim, and I've noticed for the past year that occasionally my music would cut out and I'd have to restart the car in order for the head unit to come back to life. I recently installed an aftermarket Motor mount which increased vibrations slightly, but the symptoms never increased in frequency nor did they disappear. This week, I had to pull the fuse, because my head unit doesn't respond to sync, radio, Bluetooth or any other functions and will randomly start popping and crackling. With aftermarket speakers and subwoofer installed, even with the head unit off, it is extremely intense and dangerous to drive with. Initially I thought the fact that my vehicle was modified, has high miles for its age, or that I live in Canada with temperatures ranging from -40 to +35 Celsius. But it seems this is a common issue from 2012's to 2014's from high or low miles. Though my case may have been accelerated due to modification of the vehicle, I believe this to be manufactures defect which seriously impacts drivers security both owners and other road users.

200

Hey all, so before going to the dealership to get shafted in diagnosis time, I figured I'd do a little digging using Electronic service information (the same used by thousands of dealerships across America) that I still had access to from my automotive Tech, days. So it turns out, for Focus's from 2012-2013 there was a TSB (technical service bulletin) issued for Buzzing/fluttering/thumping sound through speakers on sony 10 speaker sound systems built on or before 4/2/2013. the TSB code is: 13-4-14 so this condition was apparently typical occurring when unlocking or opening the doors after the vehicle was left undisturbed with doors closed, an engine off for more than 5 minutes. The action recommended by ford was to use fords IDS programing tool to reprogram and calibrate the DSP module (digital signal processor Module). My focus is a 2014 and of base model trim, so it only came with front tweeters and door speakers as well as 2 in the real doors for a total of 6. I came across this issue as well on my vehicle but over time it disappeared. With this info I'm going to hopefully get ford to get into diagnosis this week on my vehicle to see if its more than just replacing the ACM (audio control module)/radio. I will keep updating here until I find a solution that works! Goodluck everyone.

70

Radio stopped working. Fuses are good. Clock will work and display when "Menu" is pressed. No other display. Will not ford mondeo 2009 please help me

50

Our 2015 Escape radio quit working 2 months ago. Took it back to dealer where we bought it . They tell me 500 bucks to install new radio. I asked them what's the issue? The wouldn't tell me. I asked them if Ford has had an issue with Ford Escape radios? They wouldn't tell me. Not sure of my next move.

40

I had this problem with my Ford Focus 2013, the problem came after a I crash another car. It seems like the radio its very fragile because a friend of mine had the same problem after one of his kids kick the dashboard (not the radio). I solved the problem changing the radio for a new one. I don't know why Ford does not change the radios for free because it's their mess.

90

Pulling the #79 fuse to reset radio seems to fix the issues! YouTube to the rescue!!!!

50

(PLEASE HELP ME) Something is causing my *12V IGNITION WIRE FOR THE STEREO to not function....................... Any ideas I have 2002 ford focus and i installed a new stereo system it was working fine.... then i had to pull the stereo out again b/c i forgot to install Mic. and cig lighter.... after i hooked those things up i went to push the unit back in...... and the stereo went dead...... At first i thought it was a fuse or relay so i check fuse box under the steering wheel..... Nothing Blown Then check the fuse box under the hood...... Nothing Blown So that was all good SO FUSES AND RELAYS ARE GOOD......... Is there a third fuse box under dash???? The New stereo unit has two wire harness inputs One for speakers and audio Second one is for POWER (((( PROBLEM)))))) (Consist of ) *GROUND *12V BATTERY WIRE *12V IGNITION WIRE ((((I tested this one with a volt meter and it was dead even when key turned))))) I crossed the *12V IGNITION WIRE & *12V BATTERY WIRE The Stereo Unit powered on.... Something is causing my *12V IGNITION WIRE FOR THE STEREO to not function....................... Any ideas

30

Hi All Just installed erisin head unit in my Old galaxy mk2, after lots off testing and removing bits off plastic I get it installed. I have run a 12 volt feed from the fuses my self as I though 18 year old wiring may have a few issues. I aslo ran my own ground wire as well. THing all works apart from driving ff I turn left the power get interrupted and I can hear it. The only wires left off the old system are the speaker wires, i'm wondering if they are catching and grounding out. Any had this issue? Cheers Bob

30

My deck is only saying FORD when iturn it on please tell me how to fix it please

10

Replaced the radio/stero but sound persists however the display with the new stereo works.

my radio will only play my cd and turn the volume up and down and turn it off but wont let me take my cd out or change to regular stuff nothing working but the volume and power cd plays fine

80

We're having the same problem on our 2014 Focus. Started with the occasional speaker hum, then small pops, then the radio would turn off after a pop, then it was only if the bluetooth was used, now it doesn't even turn on. At least the speakers stopped popping. Maybe related, maybe not, but the wind shield wipers also turned themselves on the other day and then wouldn't turn off. Restarted the car, opened the doors to make sure everything stopped, etc. and they would just keep going at different speeds. Perfect timing with the rainy season starting up! I reported it to the National Highway TSA as a safety issue - the popping is often loud enough to where I'm shocked we haven't gotten in an accident from jumping/jerking the steering wheel when it happens. If enough people report it, they might open an investigation and maybe we'll get a recall - https://www- odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

We replaced the radio and after a while it's started back. Did you ever have the recall for your wipers fixed? I'm thinking there's an issue with water getting in from the wipers and the recall that's causing wiring issues.

10

I agree with Mlardy above. Its definitely loud enough to cause a wreck. Sadly, this is only a minor problem with the FORD focus. I can't believe the amount of recalls! Seriously unbelievable!

20

Bosh! you lot are describing what i seem to have, gutted. I have a 2005 focus titanium and during christmas i got in my car and it wouldnt start. so i went and got a new battery, it started! but when i switched the radio on it wouldnt, it flashed up and then went off immediately after. so i read this forum and started pulling everyhting out, but as i was sat in there car looking at things i thought i was going nuts because i could hear a faint *pop* *pop* really odd, after i thought i was nuts and after i got out to see if a kid was playing football nearby i searched the car to find it was the rear speaking on the passenger side. It was doing that noise constantly without the key in, which now makes me think it's what ran the battery dead, so i've brought a new £80 battery for no reason - which you can't return! Now... what to try next? Just replace the stereo seems to be the most common answer, but in a 2005 car, is it worth it?

70

Ford and Microsoft - what a combination. My 2012 Escape turns the radio on at full volume whenever it gets below -35c at night (Canada). Dealer refused to fix when it was new because he couldn't reproduce the problem. Yesterday the radio would not switch on and the clock only displayed the time for about 10 seconds after pushing the on button and yes it is cold here the last few weeks. This morning the car had a dead battery and I think that was because the sync / radio abortion was drawing power all night. Today after charging the battery and starting the car the clock/ radio was working normally. Couple this with peeling paint (thanks Kansas City ford plant) and just ask me if I'll ever buy another ford. I'd fry in hell first.

10

Hi I have a similar problem stereo is dead and central dash panel stays eliminated all the time which flattens the battery it dwindling come back on for about a week but has gone off again 2012 focus any suggestions

20

This problem occurred on my 2011 Focus Zetec-S (182hp Petrol) just last week. I too have checked the fuses (all of them in all three fuse-boxes) and have used a multi- meter on the radio's wiring harness. Basically I see no 12v from the main spade connector but I do see 11.6v from one of the bottom pins, I even bridged that across to the main spade connector but the head unit only received 3.5v which I don't think is enough for it to power up. I don't think this problem is down to a faulty or broken head unit, instead I think this is relating to the car's data network called the CANBUS. Basically the CANBUS controls the devices attached to the power lines and tells them to sleep or awaken. Because I'm getting zero volts on the radio harnesses main 12v power spade I don't think that the problem is the stereo. At least not yet as it isn't getting voltage. I haven't found a solution as yet.. and I especially don't want to take it to Ford as they'll rip me off a couple of grand.

I was driving today and my stereo just quit. It seems to be the same problem a lot of others are describing. I don't want to take it to the dealership to fix it because I don't have $500 to throw at this. I have been thinking of replacing my radio with an after-market one with GPS for awhile anyway. Has anyone had success with this? Any radio recommendations?

10

To update my post slightly above, as previously stated, just to recap. My 12v live spade connector coming from the main wiring loom in the vehicle to the stereo is showing 0v and should be reading 12v. I haven't traced the fault yet (wiring diagrams are all well and good theoretically but it's like trying to decide the enigma machine to me) so as a work around I bridged (successfully this time) the red/brown main 12v with the slightly smaller red/brown which is the switched live (multimeter read 11.6v). Once that was done, upon ignition the circular volume nob is illuminated and then allows you to turn on the radio. So this is a work around rather than a solution and you have to turn the radio off before turning the ignition off (the center screen stays on else, I'm not too sure for how long exactly and maybe it won't be a massive voltage leak but I don't want to take that chance) Admittedly the radio won't remember any settings, so you have to adjust these every time but hey, at least I've got sound again! I really need to try a similiar type of radio to see if it's the fault of the radio itself, as these radios contain the ACM - Auto control module and are know to be very weak. If it's not the fault of the radio then the problem is further up that 12v live wire and what every else it is connected to before the radio head unit. Hope you get it working again like I did

10

This happened to me today, but yesterday my battery died, but after being jump started, all appeared ok...... until this morning. Everything was working fine, apart from the stereo, no radio, CD or bluetooth. 12 hrs later, car wouldn't start, after having the RAC out to it, and a new battery, everything works fine now ( touch wood)

10

Try turn on with your door open

50

2012 F150 Started with Loud Popping, then occasional dead for minutes, then occasional hours or until I restarted truck. Then I had to jump start battery and radio completely dead except for time going on and off and bluetooth light on and off. When I was talking on my phone, blue tooth would interrupt and try to send voice to speakers, but not successful so my phone call would be cut off. I removed the radio and will try reinstalling it since some have had success with that approach. It sounds like some kind of short.

50

Re installed, Nothing, disconnected Battery and reconnected, Nothing. I am opting for a new radio, not from Ford.

10

mine hasn't worked since January.... not impressed with ford. Let me know how much the replacement was. Thanks

20

Thought i'd let you know what happened to my 2005 Focus Titanium and hopefully it will help someone else. I suddenly heard a light thudding/popping/beating sound in my car, it was so quiet that i thought it was in my head! lol. anyway the next day my car was dead. the ignition would turnover but clearly a dead battery. I went and got a new battery and my car was fine, hoorahh! 2 days later it died again. while i read this thread on my phone sat in my car (to pull bits apart) i could hear that same weird background noise. I followed the sound to one speaker in the rear of my car. I hadn't turned the speaker up load before all these problems or anything like that for it to blow so i suspected the radio had gone faulty. i removed the radio and charged my battery up, voila! it was running fine and continued to run fine for 2 weeks. so i brought a secondhand radio off ebay and it's been fine ever since. Bit of a bummer that i brought a new battery but i was probably long overdue one anyway, so wasn't too fussed. Morale of the story if you hear something similar and have a dead battery try and unpluf your radio and get your car charged up to see how it does.

20

Have the same problem with my focus 2013 !!! Called a lot of time at ford , they told me that they never heard of it !! There’s thousands of post like this in Forum and YouTube ! It’s ridiculous they should make a recall ! It’s dangerous with the static noise in the car for accident ! It happen randomly even if the radio it’s off ! Please call ford for the problem not your dealer but ford ! We don’t have to pay for this problem !!!

20

I took my car to ford. They diagnosed it as the Audio Control Module going out. The part alone is 498 another 100+ for labor. I'm just going to buy a cheap speaker and sync it to my phone. My car is a 2013 Ford Focus. The radio make loud popping and crackling noises and works intermittently. It will crackle and pop even when the radio is off.

30

My girlfriend had the same problem with her 2014 Focus. I pulled the radio out and checked the connections, looked at the fuses, tried some other things listed in this thread and nothing worked. She didn't want to pay Ford to look at it and then charge her a massive amount for a new stereo. Aftermarket stereos are a pain in the butt to install and never look as good as stock, plus they weren't much cheaper than a new stereo from Ford. So that was out. Then I had a thought... What about a Pick-a-Part lot? I hadn't been to one in like 20 years, but maybe one nearby had a Focus I could rip the stereo out of and install in her car. I found a place and they had searchable inventory online. They had a few Focuses of the years that were compatible with her radio, so I went over to take a look. Most of them were already gutted, but there was one that must have been brought in the day before. Front was totally smashed, but the interior was pristine. I popped the cover over the radio and took out the CD/Stereo unit. This one had a hookup for satellite radio (her's doesn't), so I hoped it would be compatible. I took the radio to the checkout counter and paid $16!!! Even if it didn't work, it was worth a shot. Took it home, took out her old radio, hooked the new one up the same way and IT WORKED! Everything worked just like it did before the old one went out. I don't know how long it will last, but I'll just go to another PAP and pull out another stereo if it does! TLDR: Go to a Pick-a-Part place and pull the radio from a trashed Focus.

We too did that and in a month the new radio started doing the exact same thing. I was told mine was a computer issue from where the water leaked in through the recall if the wipers, it has also damaged other things. I was told it was only a matter of time until essential things stopped working.

50

Update: My F-150 Radio has gone in and out now for a few months. I have removed the cd ribbon cable (worked for a week or two) and have discovered that by unplugging the control harness from the Center dash cover, and smacking the radio with a hammer, pliers or stabbing the radio with a screwdriver, it will work again for a few hours to a few days. I am assuming that there is a wiring short or a static buildup (popping noise) causing the problem. I keep my dash cover unscrewed, so that I can make the "repair" at a red light. Thanks FORD for making complete junk radios! Ford should have figured this out and made the public aware of a fix, but that would take some caring. At Ford, Caring is not Job one.

How do you unplug the battery?

Look at the wires in the trunk going to the lid,mine were shorting on themselves and frayed from opening and closing the trunk.pull the black wrapping off and look. Speaker wire,trunk relase,light wires etc al broke in half

30

Hi everyone, this is an older thread but I'm hoping the below information will help someone. If your stereo is making incessant and loud popping and crackling noises even if you are connected to Bluetooth, that likely means your ACM (radio head unit) is bad. Another indication may be that you will be listening to music, then a loud pop will happen and the music will shut off. Based on my experience and fix, you definitely need a new ACM. Luckily, this is a very easy fix and there are plenty of videos on YouTube to show you how. You can order a new ACM on eBay or other used part stores, maybe even a salvage yard, but you need to make sure the parts are interchangeable and will work. I purchased my new ACM from Discount OEM Radios on eBay for $100 and it initially worked perfectly. If you try to upgrade your radio (i.e. you don't have satellite radio now, but want to put in a new ACM with that capability), you will need to have it taken to the dealer to sync up. But if you are replacing with the same model, you can just plug it in and your radio should be working again. You will need a 7mm socket wrench to take off the bolts holding the dash together. I hope the above steps help people with this issue! I was having the same issue and replaced my ACM. Now, my radio is frozen after replacing the fuses and ACM. I've taken the fuse out in the hopes to reset it. If not, I'm going to try to remove the CD loop as someone mentioned above.

Hi everyone, I had the issue of the radio just not working (started the car one day and it was stuck on a radio station and stuck at that volume...couldn't change it). Tried unplugging the battery and leaving it - this did not work. I pulled the whole radio (facia and actual head unit) from the dash - this takes 10 mins. I found a wrecker that had my radio unit (quote the part number found on the side on the radio when pulled from the dash)...i quickly plugged the three connectors into the new radio and it worked no issue. I determined that the problem was actually the radio controller (the panel that has the power, volume, station buttons etc).....google the following: 8A6T18K811BE Once I had a good radio controller 'panel' plugged in, I got my radio working again. My local wrecker charged my $80 for the head unit, controller panel and facia (the complete radio assembly essentially)... so I recommend chasing a wrecker so you can test it first and confirm before spending money....eBay prices are excessive. Hope this helps someone.

10

Anyone can help? The radio doesn't turn on, only the button for the hazard lights work. Can't change the menu or anything. The screen is black with the time on it only. After a while it will say searching for phone to connect and you can't press the bar to cancel it. I changed the radio receiver, but that did not work. Would it be the bezel that's broken?

10

Update, I checked all the fuses and the Air Conditioning fuse was blown. Replaced it and the radio turned on. Don't know why