Radio (stereo) stopped working

Asked by Apr 05, 2016 at 02:47 PM about the 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE

Radio stopped  working. Fuses are good. Clock will work and display when "Menu" is pressed. No other display. Will not turn on. Does not seem to have any power at ratio connector power pin.

If you see the menu and clock,there is and issue with the stereo it self.

I will repeat that I can see the clock only when the Menu button is pushed. The clock can be set. The stereo does not display any Menu functions and does not work. I also replaced the radio but the problem continues with the replaced stereo exactly. I suspect that there is no stereo power even though fuses are good.

I've got the same problem now how did you fix it

i also have the same problem Please some one help Music Is Life!!!!

I unplugged my battery for 5 minute & plugged it back in & then it worked

Does it affect the car if you unplug the battery

I've got the same exact problem. I tried doing the battery unplug but it still won't play music. Anybody figure this out yet?

It’s happened to mine too !! How do you fix it

It was in my problem a power supply problem. There are several power connections to the radio that are connected to the ignition switch through the steering column. There is a connector in the steering column that links the ignition switch to the radio connector. As it turned out for me, that connector worked itself loose eventually opening the start connection to the ignition relay. Reconnected that connector and everything worked fine. Took a long time to trace and included the purchase of a used stock radio/CD. I now have that one for sale.

GuruZQMYZ: Do you have a drawing on the ignition switch/steering column connection you can share? Can you provide a drawing showing the wire that supplies the power to the radio. I wish to troubleshoot by directly powering the radio by using a temporary fused DC12volt source. I tried all other above & failed to resolved the problem. Wife getting angry! No radio.....

Good morning everyone, I'm having exactly the same problem on a Fiesta !!! Is there any drawing available on the ignition switch/steering column connection? I'd like to troubleshoot this but can't find any way to get the good wire going to the ignition switch.

I replaced the radio unit with a used one that I purchased online. It only took about 1/2 hour. My problem was not in my wiring. The popping is one of the amplifiers on the ciruit baord going bad. It appears to be a commomn problem/ . So it may happen to me again.

Hi, Thanks for the info. What I'm gonna try is to connect the permanent 12 v wire to the one coming from the ignition like a bridge in the radio connection. That should tell me if the radio is dead or not. What do you think ?

I am experiencing the same problem for the 3rd time. Previously it corrected itself after a few days. Irritating and frustrating

Hello I had the same symptoms at the beginning. Sometimes the radio was functional and sometimes not. Then after a couple weeks, it died ! My concern is that I'm not so sure the problem comes from the radio itself. It could be made by a loose wire or from the ignition. I tried to get some info from the dealer. Those guys know nothing about it and won't help even if a lot of owners seem to have that kind of problem. We are on our own!!

This morning my radio just stopped working. It has the temputure showing and it just says Ford Focus. Also the weather out side dropped to 32 last night in Florida. Not sure how to fix it.

Hello again, Here is what I did during the weekend. I removes the radio and checked all wires. Both permanent and ignition 12V do come to the radio. The ground is ok too. I also have a permanent 3.8v which could be for the USB. Do, it seems that the radio itself is just dead. I'll try to open it next we. Now, I have to find another radio with the same reference: AA6T-18C815-DG also called Radio AHU with USB Have a great Sunday

Our Ford Focus 2012 radio stopped working about three months ago. Suddenly, this morning the radio is on again.Good thing we did not sink any money into it trying to get it fixed. Could cold weather be causing a fuse or connection problem?

my 2012 ford focus has the crackling pooping sound issue, got so bad it was doinf it with car OFF. i pulled fuse. has there been a response from ford?

my 2012 ford focus has the crackling poping sound issue, got so bad it was doing it with car OFF. i pulled fuse. has there been a response from ford?

Hello everyone I did give another call to the dealer just to get the price of a brand new radio : 352 Euros (I’m in France) but the guy told me to contact Ford France cause according to him, quite a lot of Fiesta seem to have that problem. Then, I gave a call to Ford and opened a file to try to get the problem solved for free. They should call me back sometimes but told me that even if the car has a 5 year warranty, the radio is not part of it. Let’s wait and see what happens next.

My 2011 Focus Titanium stereo, clock, bluetooth & handsfree has stopped working. The car cut out and needed new plugs and leads and hasnt worked since Fuses seem fine - any ideas please before Ford charge me the earth just to look at it

My 2013 Ford Focus is my first purchased vehicle; I purchased it just about a year ago. Four through six weeks of owning the stupid problematic vehicle from purchasing through a dealer shit and the radio dies... First stars out as the cracking, popping sound noises with screeching like a record player being toyed with, to no working at all. However, the date to year still works, and the clock. I can change the time if wanted and date however nothing else works on the panel. tried changing out the #5 fuses on the passenger side like I read online and still not working. Was informed when contacted dealership about this when it first started accruing and they want $900+ for the fix! Not paying that much on a fix for that little. Any other suggestion? Also the Bluetooth will still sink to my cellphone, however won't play. In addition, if anyone had advise please let us know what you have tried!

Here we are, job done by Ford. The dealer replaced my stereo on Friday and asked me to pay 45% of the total bill , Ford got the rest. So I have a brand new radio for 180 Euros and a one year warranty coming with it. Not too bad at the end on a car that is almost 6 years old. Cheers

My 2012 focus is having the same issue, clock, date, and temp only work. Speakers hum, crackle, and POP. With or without the key in it. I am going to drop it in the lake and see if that solves the problem, stay tuned... unless your in a 2012 Focus, look for smoke signals because that's plan B.