Computer

50

Asked by Sep 20, 2013 at 06:50 PM about the 2008 Volkswagen R32 Base

Hi. On my golf r32 which was a import from japan. When I accelerate my consumption
goes down and when I come off the accelerator my consumption goes up. Also my range
goes up when i drive fasts and accelerate hard. What's going wrong? How do I fix it.
Thanks

sounds EGR-ish, but most likely the fuel pressure regulator is malfunctioning...check the vacuum connection for splitting or leakage~...and it's function for increasing fuel flow when vacuum is applied~

Best Answer

scary can with worms~

50

The car drives fine and no problem there it's just this consumption and range readings are all operating backwards

thanks ThomasR33....DavidH25 keeps getting further ahead because he's a right guy and insists on correct answers every time...forever on his coat tails~

you've got some kind of computer display that's informing you of your efficiency?

If the NUMBERS go up, that is your real time fuel mileage. When you accelerate, the low number is in mpg, Decelerate, numbers go UP, again real time consumption in mpg. Is that how you read it?

50

Yes I have a MFD which tells me everything

the EGR is supposed to re-introduce exhaust gas into the intake on de- celeration and whenever combustion temperatures get too hot~...however when it's clogged with excessive carbon operates slowly or not-at-all~ sometimes there's a vacuum leak on that creating high-idle and reduced performance....that's all I'm sayin' about that one~

50

No, when I come off the accelerated my consumption goes up. This is different to my other Volkswagen at home because on my other Volkswagen when I accelerate my consumption goes up which is normal. I think my r32 has a fault?

the Prius computer display has a cumulative MPG of 49mpg...the MINI...20mpg...displays...cumulative totals...87 gas prius....93 gas MINI....sometimes these things are just unfair~

what are the numbers like? perfomence wise? 30 mpg at least?

50

Let's just say when I accelerate hard sometimes I can get the consumption down to 0.0L. This must be a computer problem

Ok, it looks like is does have a fault because that IS backward.. there are people that see a higher number and thing that means higher consumption....I certainly didn't mean to insult you Thomas, please don't think I was 'talking down'..I wasn't

50

That's fine David. I might just have to take it in to get serviced because it's annoying I can't tell how much fuel I'm using. Thanks for your help.

50

Its measured in litres per 100km kilometre

Ok I took that one post down because I was going to re phrase it, but you answered me what I was trying to figure out. But yeah...something is not right, to state the obvious

ok the TPS is sending errant signals you must test it's output~...then replace it~

Thomas....the goodie would not know a failed fuel pressure regulator~