When I first start my care after it has sat for a while (couple hours or more) and begin picking up speed, there is a sound of a short burst of air being released.

Asked by Jul 31, 2012 at 03:42 PM about the 2000 Acura Integra GS Sedan

This sound seems to be coming from the engine compartment or from the dash area.  It does not continue after the car warms up, or it is so faint as not to be audible.  It sounds like air under pressure and being released.  The burst of air sound is very brief.

2,365

If your A/C has been reduced in keeping the car cool it might be your A/C system has got a blockage. There is an over pressure valve in the A/C system to prevent it from destroying itself. Perhaps you can get it check out by an A/C specialist or do it yourself if you know how. The reason it's only sounding off after it's been resting is because the pressures in the system have equalized and then when started it pressures back up and then releases the excessive pressure. Hope this helps.

Thanks, dynasq2009! I have not gotten around to checking it out, but that sounds reasonable. Will let you know if this is the problem.

2,365

You didn't mention whether or not you had any drivability issues so I will wait to see what happens. Good luck and enjoy that nice guitar.