I own a 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Sedan 4-Door 4.6L 281Cu. In. V8 FLEX SOHC Naturally Aspirated car. The problem i have encountered at first was intermittent then worked while raining then completely stopped. My car has a dealer alarm installed. The entry keypad, door locks, trunk lock, dome light, rear defogger and the radio delay. What i mean by radio delay is when the car is turned off the radio will remain playing till a door is opened. The before mention does not work with remote control or manually . Yes i have changed the battery in remote yes i have tried to reset the system... Can anyone advise me of what the heck has gone wrong.. Thank you for your consideration, Rich

725

Asked by Mar 25, 2014 at 02:09 PM about the 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium

I own a  2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Sedan 4-Door 4.6L 281Cu. In. V8 FLEX SOHC Naturally Aspirated car.  The problem i have encountered at first was intermittent then worked while raining then completely stopped. My car has a dealer alarm installed. The entry keypad, door locks, trunk lock, dome light, rear defogger and the radio delay. What i mean by radio delay is when the car is turned off the radio will remain playing till a door is opened. The before mention does not work with remote control or manually . Yes i have changed the battery in remote yes i have tried to reset the system... Can anyone advise me of what the heck has gone wrong.. Thank you for your consideration, Rich

25,805

Dealer installed? No telling what's wrong. Factory installed? Quite likely a problem either in the wiring between the A pillar and the Driver's door or a problem with the Body Control Module. A scan tool will tell the whole story with the Factory Installed system. If it's aftermarket - buy another one.

725

Thank you Tracy, I should have been clearer it is factory installed Alarm unit. My guess is the scan units that are offered at Auto-zone will not be able to read what the problem might be. A dealer scan might be in order. Just trying to avoid the dealer as we all do at some point in time..:)