I have been taken by a dealer I found on here selling an 04 Range Rover and need help

50

Asked by Nov 20, 2013 at 01:15 PM about the 2004 Land Rover Range Rover HSE

I bought a car from a dealer I found here and paid in full.. Had the car delivered just to
start there was missing paint on the roof, broken glove box, damaged rack and pinion
system, leak at the manifold gasket and to top it all off no spare tire.  Heres the bad
part they have yet to send me a bill of sale showing payment in full and or deliver on
their promise to get me a new glove box and spare tire.  I paid them in Full for the
transport to pick up the vehicle and deliver and currently have no title or bill of sale.. Im
pissed and now they are not answering my phone calls.  What do I do?  What authority
can I call?

https://www.google.com/#q=2004+Land+Rover+Range+Rover+spare+glove +box....you could roll without the spare...achem, you got AAA, just use your cell phone instead of risking life and limb changing the tire....you're above all that now at this stage of your life....let AAA do it...it's what you've already paid for~

the VIN will explicitly show ownership and maintenance...will show if it's been handled by a barrel-0-monkeys...or changed ownership many times or was used as a rental car at some point in it's life...at least you can rest assured that is not cobbled together out of two wrecks~

is the gasket an exhaust or intake gasket...anyways will be under fifty bucks for the part and probably an hour and a half wrench time....you have to make good on what you have...attorneys will just unapologetically take everything and knock you down asking "what just happened"...so NAY on the retribution~ enjoy the Land Rover...it's a sweet choice for this style of vehicle...as far as the rack and pinion would only wear out from high- mileage...probably just needs the U-hold downs tightened a bit~

50

Roy.. I paid in full for the vehicle was told the vehicle ran in good condition and aside from some light scratches on the front bumper (Which I paid an extra $200 to the dealer to have painted) all was in good working order. The glove box fell out on the ground the rack and pinion which is a safety issue and allows you to turn the car not to mention a $1,900 repair bill was not mentioned at all.. It knocks hard. Im asking a serious question about getting screwed by a slime ball dealer and you focused on the tire... Thanks Roy..

reflect on Bill Cosby's boy who was changing a flat on the LA freeway and was struck and killed by a careless motorist...this was like 20 years ago...but AAA will save the day~

well, my man....sorry you've been taken by the repair guy too, but we have to make good on what went bad...easier and more productive than seeking retribution....you NEED a mechanic that you can trust...do some research...talk to the locals..."same mechanic my whole life" is a good thing to hear~...

50

Roy.. I did a car fax and it came back clean... Low miles and three owners... Im getting everything fixed... This dealer has not given me a receipt of purchase for the full payment of the vehicle either... Really blows my mind how you can pay in full, be mislead about condition and car, promised replacement parts and of course the receipt for payment and have no option other then an attorney.. I have been dealing with this for going on two weeks since payment in full was made

if the motor is FRIED...beyond repair...that's something would have me sitting on someone's desk until they called the cops~

50

First went to the dealer who wanted $950 in parts and $135 per hour for labor.. Went to two other recommended mechanics and am working with the best price and highest recommendations.. Roy are you a car dealer?

50

This was a long distance purchase which is why I paid in full for the release of the vehicle to the transport company... Man... Im so pissed.. not with the car with the lies and lack of respect for delivering what was promised?

Knocking is a terrible thing to hear....one can only think the worst as my little sister ran our FURY without oil until it stopped turning~ something like this...insufficient lubrication of the main bearings WOULD knock...ooooo you're givin' me the heebiejeebies with this~

the MS condition I've been diagnosed with has my four mechanic's boxes, and my drafting tools UNUSED...fortunately medicinal marijuana is a recommended treatment...so is my job now.....this and oil paintings...should be doing those instead~

50

Two separate mechanics identified the Rack and Pinion... 2.. not lubricant issue.. I wish... are you a car dealer Roy?

No...should I be? far too honest...I'd go broke~

Honesty USED car dealers have a kind of "wham bam thank you mam" approach and probably do NOT want the 26 point inspection for a hundred dollars like we used to do at the shop...more than once found a car that was welded rather skillfully of other cars...VIN's that were peeled off...it can get ugly~

...are you quite sure that this one is the SAME car you looked at...the transport or ? could have pulled a switcheroo with a different one somehow?~

...buy a TOYOTA...they DO NOT breakdown~

very sorry this did not come out the way that you paid for it~....something, we've just got to bite the onion and move on~

We can see from this replacement part that it has a casting with an "eyeball" suspended in rubber...quite certain this here has to be the failure point...rubber gone bad...shame those guys could not take five minutes to change that out with new rubber~ http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-RACK-AND-PINION-POWER- ASSISTED-STEERING-FOR-FREELANDER-OEM-/360452941442

209,855

If you can't get your title with a phone call, a call to the states attorney general's office is in order. (the state the car dealer is located in). Depending on the state, they have 20 business days to take the paperwork/title to the DVM for processing. (on a cash sale). After that it is out of the dealers hands. The state can take 4-6 weeks to send out the title.

Best Answer
209,855

Like Roy mentioned, you either have to chalk this one up to a learning experience or go to small claims court.

50

I called and reached a second location for the dealership where the other manger says he will help me.. Since speaking with the other manager I received a TEXT from the original locations branch manager that has been ducking my calls promising to call me as soon as his customer leaves.. That was at 2:52 pm... The other manager assured me they would send me the replacement parts etc.. etc.. but also promised to follow up with me... (still no call from either guy) Bottom line I have already started the repair process and lined up the painter for the car.. I will be into the car for some out of pocket upfront repairs but chalking it up to getting the car into shape.. The odd thing is the NEW manager was "shocked" I haven't received any bill of sale or title information...

209,855

Well glad your getting somewhere on this whole ordeal. It sucks there are dealers out there that flat out lie to make a buck. Buying a vehicle long distance is a crap shoot as you found out. Best of luck, sounds like the Rover will be up and running again with a little TLC.