The light for battery and oil change alert is on and not going off,

10

Asked by Oct 18, 2014 at 07:49 PM about the 2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

The engine would not start, i charged the battery to full and the light is still not going off, i topped the engine oil but i way too far overgauged it, and both lights are still on, will these two prevent it from starting. The engine is not even rolling

31,205

Perhaps with the oil so low the engine seized. Remove the spark plugs and try to turn the engine by hand. If it turns then pull the alternator and have it tested.

10

thank you for the answer. However i must say here that i am not a motor mechanic, but i can still drain the engine oil to the gauge limit. I once had an experience of a low oil alert on my pathfinder and i think the oil switch would not prevent the engine from starting and the moment i gauged the oil it started. The question here is can over-gauged or under gauged prevent the vehicle from starting secondly when the battery light is on and not going off, will the engine roll or start. Here the engine is not rolling. Please come to my aid.

58,265

I can only assume by you charging battery,that it was low,Bmark is correct by checking alternator and your battery,all so,but if battery died,and you try to crank it,with bad battery,you may have cooked the chip in your key,if you have and extra key try it.

58,265

And one more thing,check the main relay,s and and engine and ecm fuse,s and relay,s ,,weak battery will hurt them all so.

10

trhank you bst the key i have with my landrover is not a chiped key i have attached the picture here

58,265

Th engine would roll,even with over full oil,it may not crank,because of what bmark said ,sending unit killing fire,but would not stop it from rolling stater over.

58,265

Good to know that key answer,s the key issue,now the next thing,is to check the fuse,s and relays, as i said above.

10

sowh at do yu advice i check first in the mornng

10

so if i come accross any blown fuse it should be replaced

58,265

Yes

31,205

Yes.

58,265

Good evening my buddy bmark.

31,205

Good morning T.S.T. how are things? Is everyone doing well?

58,265

Good here in south ga,,,usa,,but i think i like to try the iland life,,like you : :)

58,265

Went to the bahama,s last year stayed a month,my wife had to drag me back on the boat,did not want to leave.

31,205

Yeah, life is good here. The cost of living is next to nothing. Our 3 bedroom house $32500. Taxes $5.00. Our housekeeper about $75.00 a month. Our armed security guard about $125.00 a month. The weather is always warm, one has more personal responsibilities. Example you can ride on top of the bus if you want. But if you fall off? Whoops, that's to bad. English is the official language. The locals like America and Americans. Bad Muslims get shot and dragged into the jungle. Gas and groceries are at par with the USA but at a decent restaurant a sit down breakfast is about $2.25. Dinner is less than $4.00. Leave a 10% tip and the next time you come the staff falls all over themselves to serve you. Go to the mall and service is unbelievable. There aren't cops with radar guns hiding behind every coconut tree. My.wife is cold when it drops below 77°F. Life is good here in Bohol. I couldn't think of a better place on earth to live.