Why does my car while driving lose poweraccelaration

10

Asked by Dec 24, 2014 at 09:09 AM about the 2003 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5

my 2003 x type 2.5 litre suddenly pulls back when I am driving. Engine does not shutdown. when I press the accelerator car feels like it has a flat and car does not move. However, while engine light is flashing the car does not shut down. This occurs sporadically. Engine light is on all the time. Also battery light flashes intermittently when I am drivig. Have changed engine 02 censors catalytic converter clutchalternator and battery

11,405

You will have to get the codes read. Post the codes here and we may be able to assist you further. It may be a misfire that is causing the CEL to flash.

Best Answer
10

Hi Mark, received your email. How do I proceed to send the codes received., You will have to get the codes read. Post the codes here and we may be able to assist you further. It may be a misfire that is causing the CEL to flash." Will this also address my battery light flashin sporadically while driving. The battery ii new

10

Are you responding to the same question regaring incident CG141224104758. or am I being charged twice for the same question

11,405

You will need to gain access to an OBD II scan tool. The OBD II port is located under the steering column towards the left side under the dash. The tool will need to be plugged in and the ECU will be scanned for active codes. If you are a DIY, auto part stores have these scan tools available and can access the codes for you. If not, then you will need to take it to a garage and have them pull the codes. I believe the battery issue is separate from the engine issue, but we won't know for sure until we have some codes to work with.

10

The codes are P1647 and P1000

10

I believe the tracking number for this incident is CG141224104758

10

Hi Mark 02 cnsors were changed, alternator battery engine clutch..you name it pretty much everything was changed. However, the loss of accleration and lights flashing occurred before the engine was changed as the engine died shortly heir after. Misfire was diagnosed and things like bank 2 censor was mentioned. Not quite sure what that meant. Furthermore, readings were inconsistent as there were occasions where car appeared to be firing correctly.