Engine won't start

Asked by Jun 03, 2015 at 06:59 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale 4 Dr LS Sedan

So its me again my 1993 Oldsmobile 88 Royals won't start I changed the fuel pump now
thieris fuel going to the injectors and it won't start now I am told the ignition needs a new
key I have spent so much money please answer this question

80,325

Will it crank? Does your ignition key look like the picture? -Jim

I made a resistance loop for mine and just strapped it under the dash I can't remember how many ohm resistance it was but its real easy. There's a little wire in the steering column that get loose or cracked and that goes to the key. Put the loop in and took off

Oh or you can try cleaning the key and where it makes contact with an eraser or something. Maybe its dirty