ILL PAY U A 100$ CASH IF U CAN GUESS RIGHT AT WATS MY CHEVYS ISSUE!!! CASH $$$

Asked by May 27, 2016 at 02:07 AM about the 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Silverado Extended Cab LB 4WD

Listen pllzzzzz I need help so badly. I have 3
kids age 5,5(twins), 7 months and number
will b here in October. I need ur help
please...
I own a 1997 Chevrolet k1500 4x4 5.7L 350
vortex 3dr lwb truck. People say this truck is
the real Scooby door mystery mobile.
Truck cranks up fine drives fine, if u are at a
stop sign and make the right hand turn truck
will act as if it has hick ups and trys to cut
out or dies.  You can be driving and you go
to the right too fast and turn wheel to
Sharpe it cuts out or will die right then. If u
slam on brakes at any time doesn't matter
how fast u go or which way u go even
backwards truck will instantly die. You can
sharply go left all day long truck is just fine!
Only when it goes right or u slam on the
brakes or any combo of the two. What tha
hell is wrong with my bowtie???? I've taken
to Chevy ppl of 40+ yrs and they came back
and said "hell if I know its ur problem!"
Pleaseeee help me this is my family's only
vechile and with the kids we could all b hurt
or worst driving it please help me!!!!!
-mike of Bremen, Georgia

102,255

I suspicious of the fuel pump assembly, it is possible that it is just being held there by the tubes and wires. When this happens does the fuel gauge do anything crazy, like go all the way to or past full then come back? Try thumping on the bottom of the fuel tank as close to center as possible, and listen for a sound like something is loose in that area. The other thing I hate to mention cause it is a lot of work, but it could be a wiring problem, if the fuel pump thing isn't it, then start the engine and being careful start what we call wiggle testing, you grab a section of the harness and pull and push slightly and bend it back and forth. Slowly going down the harnesses and hopefully you come to a spot where the engine stumbles or dies, then you have to cut open the harness and find the problem. HTH

I've basically have replaced everything on this truck known to man. Last year it blew a head I replaced the heads both of them and reset timing and all that good stuff. 58 hrs later it just poof! Outta know where started doin this. So I'm not sure but I'll tell u this I've got over 15,000 in the truck and see isn't the greatest looking but isn't the uglyest but by looking at her u tell itself no way maybe 8,000 but literary I've gotten $15,899 in her and I just can let her go but can let her hurt my family so any thing idea wise would help and if what u say is true and fixes my truck I shall keep my word. Thank u sir.!

111,085

First as Tennis says check the fuel tank there is a baffle the may have come loose and causing the fuel to slosh in the tank. If thats ok check the RPMs I believe it should be about 600 RPM. Brake vacuum leaks could cause stalling at hard braking. You may want to check your MAF sensor, your idle control and O2 sensor. If those check good your hormonic balancer should be checked...

Every sensor the hormonic balancer has been replaced. Every since tho when its happened my gas hand and other when I turn on my turn signal to go right also tick and go right but not left just like it does when shuts off so idk I wish u guys lived close and could do tos for me after my surgery's its hard for me to do anything. Thank u tennis shoes and Joe's mom

13,205

I suggest you call around locate a capable repair shop let them know the list of parts changed, ask If the have a GM TECH 2 scanner (old one) and what the rate is to completely diagnose this vehicle a $100 or less is reasonable. NO need for worry, or more parts changing you need to know EXACTLY whats wrong NO guessing. Regards

52,675

There may be a wiring problem where turning or braking causes the frame or body to flex shorting the connection intermittently to ground causing the engine to lose power. Also the problem may be something in the fuel system. It might be helpful to monitor the fuel pressure when this occurs to determine if it is fuel or electrical. To monitor the fuel pressure I have seen mechanics tie in a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail and duct tape it to the windshield so that the pressure can be seen by the driver. When the problem is more isolated it can be more easily diagnosed. My best guess is electrical, but it is ONLY a guess.

52,675

Ohh, I forgot.....I don't want any of your cash. This is a free site and we all do this for no charge.